Mistakes

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Has anyone ever noticed mistakes in some episodes such as overhead microphones in shot or reflections of studio lights in door windows'In full steam behind there is a bbc outside broadcast van visable though one of the station windows wieh the bbc logo clear to see.In one episode you can see a refection in Edies tv of Studio lights and in beware of the elbow you can see the camera crew in the reflection of the van with the fat inflatible lady.

In 'The Man From Oswestry' When Foggy's bus arrives it is the no.11 but when we see it from the side it's no. 14

The one that always makes me smile is when Edie calls Wesley as if he's just down the garden, when we know full well he's 2 or 300 yds up the lane. ;)

From memory the workman in Mending Stuart's Leg can be seen outside the cafe waiting for his cue.

i remember i started a thread like this on the other website, i just cant remember half of the ones i found, looks like its gonna be another summer wine marathon 2 notice them all again

From memory the workman in Mending Stuart's Leg can be seen outside the cafe waiting for his cue.

That's the one I aways notice, always in a episode whist standing outside Cleggs you can see the caulk marks for they are supposed to stand :D

Speaking of Cleggy's two things come to mind. One is the "painted" view from the door changes position sometimes and two the "mobile"letterbox! ::)

Speaking of Cleggy's two things come to mind. One is the "painted" view from the door changes position sometimes and two the "mobile"letterbox! ::)

The "mobile" letterbox. How much can this mobility be attributed to the desire for dramatic effect? I can imagine Roy Clarke and Alan JW Bell plotting. "Wouldn't it be funny if we had Howard doing this. Wouldn't it be funny if we had Howard doing that." And for each variation a different position of the letterbox would be needed.

And why is it a "letterbox" when in fact it is a slot in the door with generally a flap on? Presume our US cousins know what we mean by a letterbox because they have genuine mailboxes which are boxes.

The "mobile" letterbox. How much can this mobility be attributed to the desire for dramatic effect? I can imagine Roy Clarke and Alan JW Bell plotting. "Wouldn't it be funny if we had Howard doing this. Wouldn't it be funny if we had Howard doing that." And for each variation a different position of the letterbox would be needed.

And why is it a "letterbox" when in fact it is a slot in the door with generally a flap on? Presume our US cousins know what we mean by a letterbox because they have genuine mailboxes which are boxes.
Down here in the East Midlands Unc Post box is where we send the letters and a letterbox is where we receive them through the door! As to the mobility of the same , it must be confusing to see it change position between programmes ,to anyone whos not a regular viewer! Whether it is a slot or a flap is immaterial to most folk ::)

as far as i can remember the painted view was only in the 80's by the 90's they had a proper set as the outside

Down here in the East Midlands Unc Post box is where we send the letters and a letterbox is where we receive them through the door! Whether it is a slot or a flap is immaterial to most folk ::)

No different up here in Scotland but I did say my comment was intended for our US cousins. They do not have a slot in the door with or without flap but a pucka mailbox outside (which is a box).

as far as i can remember the painted view was only in the 80's by the 90's they had a proper set as the outside
I called it a painted view Eli just to generalise I did not realise we had to be so pedantic!!

sorry, its just i wudnt call it a painted view, i wud call it background, and im not being pedantic im just saying how i see it

I haven't noticed half the things you all have but I have seen the microphone
a couple of times. Must be hard for the crew to hide everything, eh?!

I haven't noticed half the things you all have but I have seen the microphone
a couple of times. Must be hard for the crew to hide everything, eh?!

Are these "mistakes" not a failure in editing?

yes and no, the boom microphone, shud have been noticed when filming and got rid of, however some mistakes we just have 2 live with, they worked 2 a budget and i assume the bbc wudnt have been happy if they went over it just 4 the small mistakes, however i gotta admit LOTSW is 1 of the few shows that i havent noticed the microphone its 1 of the few i find professionally done and i assume thts down 2 the crew

There is an episode where people(camera crew?) are reflected in the Cafe window but i cant remember which one of hand.

Hector

Back