Fun with Google Earth...

Are there any location suggestions for me to try and find? I know that I haven't been able to find the hilly area where Truly, Clegg and Billy walk across in the beginning of "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft". I haven't tried looking for Billy's home, which might be hard considering it looks like it's in an enclosed courtyard area.

It might be a long shot Claye but what about in 'The Mobile Salad Strainer' when Compo ends up sitting on Marina's bike.

From "Self-Propelled Salad Strainer". This one wasn't as hard as expected, thanks to the recognizable hills in Jackson Bridge. :)

salad2a.jpg

salad2b.jpg

salad3a.jpg

salad3b.jpg

salad4a.jpg

salad4b.jpg

This is a driveway of a private residence at where Little Cake and New Gate meet near Hepworth and near the reservoir where the Huddersfield Sailing Club is located.

Re: Fun with Google Earth...Attn Claye

I Noticed on google earth the station at stocksmoor which is a few miles north east of New Mill, it looks like it could be the station used in "The Man who nearly knew Pavarotti" have a look and see what you think, Terry

From "The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti"...

The Rose and Crown

pav1.jpg

pav2.jpg

The pub with the same name is on Cop Hill End in Slaithwaite.

Terry, I checked the one at Stocksmoor out, it doesn't seem like the right one with how the land is. I'm wondering if it's the Lockwood station in Lockwood.

It just looked like the pub where the van driven by Mr Broadbent came into the car park and gave a loud bang just as foggy was explaining how the earth was made.

George, you've done it again! Good spotting! I decided to check out Adopted by a Stray, because I didn't remember an outside scene at the pub and figured it was near where they were filming at the waterfalls near Wessenden Reservoir or in Marsden. It's the same pub used in both episodes. Nice job there, George!

A correction here, for Terry. I took a look again at the Stocksmoor Rail Station. This time I looked at the other side of the tracks which I didn't go too far on the bridge to actually see that the first time.

pav5.jpg

Terry, I believe you are correct that this was the station used in "The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti". My mistake and good job!

Here's something I ran across looking at the rock formations near Marsden wondering if they were the ones seen in the Widow Winstanley episode.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/26834311
26834311.jpg

This is between Marsden and Deer Hill Reservoir. This looks like the bridge that Compo walks under in a very early Foggy episode. I thought the episode was A Merry Heatwave, but it wasn't. I remember the scene, the trio were talking and it was as if Compo had come up with a scheme they they cut away as he walked under this bridge (if it is this bridge, wish I could remember the episode to compare it).

Found the episode. It's "White Man's Grave" and it wasn't this bridge. I'm guessing it's along the conduit from Blackmoorfoot Reservoir north of Meltham.

More from "The Miraculous Curing of Geoff Helliwell". This is where Barry and Glenda come across Tom and Smiler pushing the cart.

cure5.jpg

cure6.jpg

cure7.jpg

cure8.jpg

Deer Hill Croft/Deer Hill Drive in Marsden

From "Oh Howard, We Should Get One of Those". The derelict barn that Howard and Marina walk upon thinking it's a perfect hiding spot, when in fact the trio are inside as Truly and Compo are practicing dancing.

howard1.jpg

howard2.jpg

The barn is still there on Copthurst Road very close east of where the road intersects with Cartworth Moor Road near the Hades village.

Hey Claye,

I finally got registered on this forum (with a great deal of Terry's help), so now I can join in the Google chat!

I don't think anyone has asked about this location yet. I believe it started showing up in the episodes with Truly (or probably Miss Davenport, as I think it was next to the library?)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

These shots were taken from All That Glitters Is Not Elvis. I'm curious about this spot because with the signs on the wall here, it looks like a park of some kind. Do you know what that walled in area actually is?

This is at the bottom of School street in Holmfirth,which is the co-op car park, the wall is just down from the methodist church which they use as the Library in the series,Howard is walking over the bridge towards the small park,which cuts through to station road near the bus garage, Terry

Hey Claye,

I finally got registered on this forum (with a great deal of Terry's help), so now I can join in the Google chat!

I don't think anyone has asked about this location yet. I believe it started showing up in the episodes with Truly (or probably Miss Davenport, as I think it was next to the library?)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

These shots were taken from All That Glitters Is Not Elvis. I'm curious about this spot because with the signs on the wall here, it looks like a park of some kind. Do you know what that walled in area actually is?

This is at the bottom of School street in Holmfirth,which is the co-op car park, the wall is just down from the methodist church which they use as the Library in the series,Howard is walking over the bridge towards the small park,which cuts through to station road near the bus garage, Terry

Thanks Terry! I looked for it on Google, but that corner's not visible. I was just curious what those signs said and whether it was actually a park. I suppose I will have to go and see for myself.

I've just been watching 'How to Create A Monster' and the street where Smiler was a lolipopman has been used several times in other episodes and I wondered where it was.

I've just been watching 'How to Create A Monster' and the street where Smiler was a lolipopman has been used several times in other episodes and I wondered where it was.

I am pretty sure it is Brougham road in Marsden, Terry

I am pretty sure it is Brougham road in Marsden, Terry

I agree, they've used this road a lot in the later episodes. I remember Eli on a bicycle almost running down Foggy and Compo.

Any requests for me to look up? One I have tried finding over and over again is the opening to "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" where Truly, Clegg and Billy are walking by talking about Muscroft. I just can't find it!

Back