Fun with Google Earth...

Got the US DVD release of Last of the Summer Wine Vintages 1988 and 1989 in the mail today (series 10 and 11). So tonight I watched "Treasure of the Deep" and "Three Men and a Mangle". Here's the Dry Cleaner from "Treasure of the Deep".

treasure1.jpg

treasure2.jpg

treasure4.jpg

treasure3.jpg

42 Blackmoorfoot Road in Huddersfield. Doesn't look like it's changed much aside from some bushes.

Got the US DVD release of Last of the Summer Wine Vintages 1988 and 1989 in the mail today (series 10 and 11). So tonight I watched "Treasure of the Deep" and "Three Men and a Mangle". Here's the Dry Cleaner from "Treasure of the Deep".

treasure1.jpg

treasure2.jpg

treasure4.jpg

treasure3.jpg

42 Blackmoorfoot Road in Huddersfield. Doesn't look like it's changed much aside from some bushes.

Well spotted Claye

Another one from "There Goes the Groom".

groom2.jpg

groom3.jpg

27 Hightown Lane in Holmfirth

Also, the street going off to the left is the street used for the Nora Batty picture on the main page of the site here. Town Hall Street.

From "The Man Who Nearly Knew Pavarotti", this location is where Billy Ingleton was supposed to be staying.

pav3.jpg

pav7.jpg

pav4.jpg

pav6.jpg

12 Wadman Road in Scholes.

Alright, THIS location is one of those that I shock myself when finding it. From "Who Made a Splash in Wales Then?". The house of Foggy's lady friend.

Basically, I was looking around Marsden where they filmed the garage and then looked around where the map scene was and tried to align where the sun was shining when they met up with Foggy and how the land was. I then ran across what looked like the same hill top above the line of houses near Elland. Wow!

wales5.jpg

wales8.jpg

wales6.jpg

wales9.jpg

wales7.jpg

wales7a.jpg

Even the gate is still there! LOL 57 Yew Tree Road, Huddersfield (south of Elland) between the M62 and Lindley.

So I stumbled across this one... Anyone remember it?

*quackquackquack*

whoops3.jpg

whoops4.jpg

whoops5.jpg

whoops6.jpg

Ol' Chuffer Enwright's place from "Whoops!". At the end of Oak Avenue in Meltham.

The third image helps date it as Foggy is still wearing his RASC scarf and Cleggy actually has his Pakamac buttoned up! By the way - his was the nylon version (would have cost about £3.50 in decimal - 69/6 in old money rather than the much cheaper plastic version: I know this because I sold the thigns in the 1960s!)

Hmmm.. I remember sending this location to Terry but not publicly on here. This one is from Surprise at Throstlenest. Reggie Unsworth's place.

reg1.jpg

reg2.jpg

Cote Lane in Holmfirth before it becomes Choppards Bank Road. Also the long road/driveway in the driving scene to this is at Moss Edge Road south of Holmbridge.

From the episode The General's Greatest Battle. Where Truly and Alvin come across Tom and Smiler with the statue in the handcart.

battle1.jpg

battle2.jpg

Hightown Lane in Holmfirth. Just a few feet away from where the stolen milkcart to bicycle scene was in There Goes the Groom.

The scene after the opening credits of "The General's Greatest Battle" where Truly, Billy and Clegg fall with the fence gate.

battle3.jpg

battle4.jpg

Gate of residence on Wolfstones Road between Wickins Lane and Wilshaw Road just north of Upperthong.

EDIT: This is from "The Mystical Squeak of Howard's Bicycle".

The scene after the opening credits of "The Mystical Squeak of Howard's Bicycle" where Truly, Billy and Clegg fall with the fence gate.

battle3.jpg

battle4.jpg

Gate of residence on Wolfstones Road between Wickins Lane and Wilshaw Road just north of Upperthong.

squeak2.jpg

squeak3.jpg

This is the scene where Astrid is being weird.. er.. um... being one with nature.... and a big one at that!

This was on Howbrook Lane just south of Wortley (other filming locations have been shot there) between the A629 and the A616 looking southwest. Unfortunately there's no streetview of Howbrook Lane, so I used Woodhead Road which is nearby, and still has a good view of the hill in the background.

Back