Fun with Google Earth...

I've just been watching 'How to Create A Monster' and the street where Smiler was a lolipopman has been used several times in other episodes and I wondered where it was.

I am pretty sure it is Brougham road in Marsden, Terry

I agree, they've used this road a lot in the later episodes. I remember Eli on a bicycle almost running down Foggy and Compo.

Any requests for me to look up? One I have tried finding over and over again is the opening to "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" where Truly, Clegg and Billy are walking by talking about Muscroft. I just can't find it!

Claye I wonder if that is not in the area of Wortley as they have used that area a lot,maybe in the region of The Flats or Howbrook Lane which has been used in several episodes and mainly a private gated road,there is a busy road in the background which could be the A616,also in the scene you mention it is obviously not Mr Sallis walking across that field,Terry

Terry, you got this one!

muscroft1.jpg

muscroft2.jpg

muscroft3.jpg

It's the field to the west of Wortley, between Halifax Road/A629 and Finkle Street Lane

Last night I happened to catch an episode of Last of the Summer Wine being shown on one of these new social streaming sites. This one was justin.tv, and it's a channel that shows Britcoms. Anyways, the episode was "The Waist Land". Seen it before, but as always you pick up lines you hadn't heard before. Terry has this location on the map already, but here's a street view of the gate to the Health Club that the trio try to sneak in.

waist1.jpg

Beside New Hey Road in Huddersfield. 8)

I haven't done this one yet. This is from "Pole Star" when Compo pole vaults onto the hay.... which is covering oil barrels... ouch!

pole1.jpg

pole2.jpg

Unfortunately no street view of this. I believe the path they're walking up, and the spot they are at in the picture is the same spot they start walking down in the opening of "Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous" when Compo takes a ride on the tricycle.

This is on Cartworth Bank Road as it is about to meet up with Cartworth Road in Holmfirth.

From "The Great Boarding Room Bathroom Caper". Several locations. First, the Greyhound Inn, is now the Ganton Inn in Ganton near Scarborough.

board2.jpg

board3.jpg

Next is where the van had a flat tire.

board4.jpg

board5.jpg

Haigh House Hill which is an overpass to the M62 between Mount and Elland. The building off in the distance seen in the episode is on Lindley Moor Road which runs along the M62. It's called the Wappy Spring Inn & Bistro.

board6.jpg

I'm also trying to find the driving sequence seen between the flat tire segment and the pub segment. One thing I noticed of the two driving sequences. They are the same location, they just mirrored or reversed it.

...and here's the driving sequence.

board1.jpg

board1a.jpg

The view is from Haigh House Hill and they drive by Golden Fleece Inn on Lindley Road. This is looking opposite of where the flat tire segment was.

Are you referring to First of the Summer Wine? I haven't really seen any of that yet. If I do get to viewing it, I'll definitely check that out.

Are you referring to First of the Summer Wine? I haven't really seen any of that yet. If I do get to viewing it, I'll definitely check that out.
Yes Claye.I hope you do get the chance to see it because you're in for a treat.

I'd love to know where the streets where the Cleggs and Dewhursts lived are/were.

There are similar houses in Out Lane,Netherthong, close to where they filmed the co-op, the cobbled streets by the houses were all fake in the series

So, what I'm telling you all here at summerwine.net is that I've brought everyone all the way over here...

hole1.jpg

hole1a.jpg

To see the location of a hole in the road!

hole2.jpg

hole2a.jpg

Scar Hole Lane.. 8)

Back