Whoops Feeling Picture

Interesting fact:
When they filmed the Christmas special 'Whoops' it was summer so to make look like winter, they cut off all of the leaves of the tree which was located outside the café!
I don't know where the tree is now though. It must have been cut down years after the episode.

Marianna

Interesting fact:
When they filmed the Christmas special 'Whoops' it was summer so to make look like winter, they cut off all of the leaves of the tree which was located outside the café!
I don't know where the tree is now though. It must have been cut down years after the episode.
I've read about what eventually happened to that tree, but can't remember if it was in Bell's or Vine's book. I seem to recall something about vandalism.

I just picked upon Louise's post saying the film crew chopped all the leaves of the tree when filming Whoops so they could pretend it was Winter so its sort of vandalism for filming purposes, although clearly the tree would undoubtedly blossom again before it was seriously vandalised and had to be cut down.

I've read both Alan Bell's and Andrew Vines books. I seem to recall it was in Alan Bell's book. I havn't read the book in a while but I thought it was a tree outside Nora and Compo's. It was a historic tree but they couldn't move the camera platform around easily to get the angle of the shot they wanted so while Alan distracted one of the town's important people the crew removed the offending branch.

That's what I recall about it.

I believe in fact it was BOTH!
There was a historic tree near Nora's somewhere near the bridge, which was in the way of the camera in the early days before they used big camera cranes there. So someone either chopped it down completely OR severely trimmed it, I cannot remember which.
The tree outside the café I think has been removed/replaced several times.

I believe in fact it was BOTH!
There was a historic tree near Nora's somewhere near the bridge, which was in the way of the camera in the early days before they used big camera cranes there. So someone either chopped it down completely OR severely trimmed it, I cannot remember which.
The tree outside the café I think has been removed/replaced several times.
If I remember right the crew wanted to remove the tree but it was a historic one so all they could do was distract someone while the trimming went on. I seem to recall that Alan said that no one from the town noticed the difference. It would be interesting to know why the tree was considered historic.