Whoops Feeling Picture

I'm getting that whoops feeling. :)
I love the Christmas special - I watch it every Christmas Eve! I also watch the Christmas special, 'Small Tune on A Penny Wassail' on Christmas Eve.

Just look at it and say out loud Whoops, I will know if you didn't

Where's the snow?

BTW, that photo makes me feel cold, but not cold and lonely like another one that I've seen where it's nearly dark but the cafe is still open and lighted. It looks warm and welcoming, but I'm outside and can't get in.

Interesting fact:
When they filmed the Christmas special 'Whoops' it was summer so to make look like winter, they cut off all of the leaves of the tree which was located outside the café!
I don't know where the tree is now though. It must have been cut down years after the episode.

Interesting fact:
When they filmed the Christmas special 'Whoops' it was summer so to make look like winter, they cut off all of the leaves of the tree which was located outside the café!
I don't know where the tree is now though. It must have been cut down years after the episode.

I've read about what eventually happened to that tree, but can't remember if it was in Bell's or Vine's book. I seem to recall something about vandalism.

I think it's in Bell's book.
I don't know why anyone would vandalise a tree.

I just picked upon Louise's post saying the film crew chopped all the leaves of the tree when filming Whoops so they could pretend it was Winter so its sort of vandalism for filming purposes, although clearly the tree would undoubtedly blossom again before it was seriously vandalised and had to be cut down.

I've read both Alan Bell's and Andrew Vines books. I seem to recall it was in Alan Bell's book. I havn't read the book in a while but I thought it was a tree outside Nora and Compo's. It was a historic tree but they couldn't move the camera platform around easily to get the angle of the shot they wanted so while Alan distracted one of the town's important people the crew removed the offending branch.

That's what I recall about it.

I'm pretty sure it was the tree outside of the café. In the very early episodes, there was definitely a tree outside Sid's café but when I read Bell's book, I don't recall reading about a tree outside Nora and Compo's.

I believe in fact it was BOTH!
There was a historic tree near Nora's somewhere near the bridge, which was in the way of the camera in the early days before they used big camera cranes there. So someone either chopped it down completely OR severely trimmed it, I cannot remember which.
The tree outside the café I think has been removed/replaced several times.

I'm pretty sure it was the tree outside of the café. In the very early episodes, there was definitely a tree outside Sid's café but when I read Bell's book, I don't recall reading about a tree outside Nora and Compo's.
I remember the tree outside the cafe watching early episodes but always remember the tree being quite small.

I believe in fact it was BOTH!
There was a historic tree near Nora's somewhere near the bridge, which was in the way of the camera in the early days before they used big camera cranes there. So someone either chopped it down completely OR severely trimmed it, I cannot remember which.
The tree outside the café I think has been removed/replaced several times.
If I remember right the crew wanted to remove the tree but it was a historic one so all they could do was distract someone while the trimming went on. I seem to recall that Alan said that no one from the town noticed the difference. It would be interesting to know why the tree was considered historic.

Someone was writing in the press that the "Costs of the Tooth Fairy has risen " and the charge was now on average £2.10 , we had a whip round so here's £3.15 to cover your loss Peri :08:;)

Someone was writing in the press that the "Costs of the Tooth Fairy has risen " and the charge was now on average £2.10 , we had a whip round so here's £3.15 to cover your loss Peri :08:;)
Most kind of you to organize that for me Captain but, ten of 'em came out so I think it should be, err, :rolleyes: £31 50p.

In the Style of Captain Mainwairing to Corporal Jones " I think you're getting into the realms of Fantasy here Peri" not that you think we had a whip round no no just the number of teeth you think you had, ten !!!! One and a stump was pushing it hence £3.15 is generous :)

On the subject of teeth I'm reminded of the great North East Comedian Bobby Thompson who was once even interviewed on Wogan . Wor Bob had a really string Geordie Accent and I am sure Wogan didn't understand a single word . Anyway back to teeth , in his routine Bobby went on about needed to go to the Dentists because he had problems with a lot of his teeth . He asked the Dentist how much it would cost to have the problematic teeth out to which the reply came back £200 . " £200!!! £200 just to take a few teeth out ya kiddin here's a fiver slacken them and I'll take them oot meeself!"

Back