What is your most popular episode?

We are beginning to exchange statements which go off at tangents - just like the old discussions between Compo and Foggy and Clegg.
I recall an early one when Blamire was trying to get them to talk about the merits or otherwise of nylon socks - and the rest of the dialogue just went in all directions

For me it's "The Woolenmills of your mind" - Clegg says: "and then she died, which i always thought was a criticism", always feel sad for him when i watch that episode.
The "Bandit from Stoke on Trent" is another goodie. Foggy - "i'm determined to grasp the moment".
But as already been mentioned, they are all special in their own way.

G : )

Full Steam Steam Behind was the first one I saw that just made me fall over in laughter! But other then that, to really pick one? Gosh that's tough.

I love them all,,,,but my fav is "Nowhere Particular". I like Compo just wandering around all day to nowhere particular Norm.. ;D

NO - summer wine is all around us if only we take the time to sit and stare and think Cleggy like thoughts!

Full Steam Steam Behind will always be my favorite.

Every Spring I walk from Haworth to Oxenhope and
back, and then up to Oakworth, along the Keighly
and Worth Valley railway. There's even a busted down
shack along the path that looks so much like the rr cabin
where the lads tried to wash the soot off. A magic episode
and a magic walk!

chuck

I have just too many to even think about it. IF I had to be forced, then I love 'Who's Looking After The Cafe'. Espaecially with Foggy and Compo fighting for the attentions of the customer, Compo's 2 'thin' slices of bread and butter (with thumbprint) and the ham salad with the catterpillar. The other is 'Keep Brittain Tidy' with the brilliant Bryan Glover - always underrated in my opinion - and Crushers debut as he pops up from behind the counter - Cleggy "Somebody rubbed a lamp!" ;D

and a magic walk!

chuck
I always thougth that the exterior shots were of that very one.

Do I take it you live locally? Or do you only visit in the spring which is why that is when you walk the route?

The Worth Valley is quite a pleasant spot.

However in Full Steam behind the story is that they walked (or marched according to Foggy) from Holmfirth to Oakworth - quite a lengthy walk that!

and a magic walk!

chuck
I always thougth that the exterior shots were of that very one.

Do I take it you live locally? Or do you only visit in the spring which is why that is when you walk the route?

The Worth Valley is quite a pleasant spot.

However in Full Steam behind the story is that they walked (or marched according to Foggy) from Holmfirth to Oakworth - quite a lengthy walk that!

I don't live too far from Howarth myself and unless you know the area would have no idea just how far they where meant to have walked in so little time. There used to be a bus that went from keighley to Huddersfield via Halifax and that took Two hours. I reckon as the crow flies it would be a 25 mile walk at a push :eek:

Yup, we fly over every Spring. Rent a car at H'row (was
Gatwick) and drive north. Usually divide our time between
Holmfirth, Haworth, and Hawes. But this next Spring
we may take a self-catering in Hawes for the whole
time and do day trips. We mostly go for the pubs, the
ales, the people, the hikes, the scenery, etc etc. Would
move across if we could figure out how!

And yes, the trudge from H'firth to Oxenhope would take
a bit of time. This is, after all, a fiction! But it certainly was
a great way to celebrate the reopening of the railway.

chuck

I don't live too far from Howarth myself and unless you know the area would have no idea just how far they where meant to have walked in so little time. There used to be a bus that went from keighley to Huddersfield via Halifax and that took Two hours. I reckon as the crow flies it would be a 25 mile walk at a push :eek:

Well I live close enough to the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway to hear the sounds of steam locomotives in the summer when sat in the back yard.

I think you are right - about 25 miles

S29 Eva's Back In Town

Eva, an old acquaintance of Alvin's makes an appearance, and proves to be just the woman to make Howard's life more complicated

Great line by Howard near the end, "there's something coming in the morning and its not the postman!"

Series 6 and 8 were always the greatest for me. That is when I first started watching the show. Series 8 overall is the best series and The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty just edges that series.
I like the first episode that Billy appears in, I like The Swan Man of Ilkley aswell. There are very few that I couldn't watch over and over again, but the first incarnation of Foggy plus Sid and Wally being alive and kicking makes it to the top for me.

am just watching series 20
Optimism in the housing market is a very funny episode

Back