We demand a Knighthood for Cleggy

Agreed! Gosh, oh yes! I thought about that before. I mean, I haven´t got a real idea about all these accolades because I´m German, but he deserves more, definitely! LOL, that reminds me, the interviewer asked him about his OBE and Peter said "I wasn´t entirely surprised. That´s an awful thing to say, but I knew I had worked a lot...".
Sir Peter Sallis sounds great, just perfect :)! LOL, Sir Cleggy! Umm, how do people get knighetd? I mean, who decides that and who nominates them? I really have no idea!

Agreed! Gosh, oh yes! I thought about that before. I mean, I haven´t got a real idea about all these accolades because I´m German, but he deserves more, definitely! LOL, that reminds me, the interviewer asked him about his OBE and Peter said "I wasn´t entirely surprised. That´s an awful thing to say, but I knew I had worked a lot...".
Sir Peter Sallis sounds great, just perfect :)! LOL, Sir Cleggy! Umm, how do people get knighetd? I mean, who decides that and who nominates them? I really have no idea!
If enough people demand it of the politicians then they can nominate a person.

Then lets go and demand it :)! Ohh, I don´t think they care if people from other countries come along and demand something :-[, I guess it must be left to the English to do that.
Well, I hope they do more for him soon!

Then lets go and demand it :)! Ohh, I don´t think they care if people from other countries come along and demand something :-[, I guess it must be left to the English to do that.
You have as much right to voice your protest as anyone ****.You go for it. :)

Apart from his natural talent and the years he has played Clegg, Peter has been a superb actor all his life so far as reading his book will show all too well. He should certainly receive a Knighthood as indeed should the man who has given so many millions of viewers so much pleasure, namely Roy Clarke!
Sadly no such honour went the way of the amazing brian Wilde either so it looks as if the Queen no longer watches our favourite programme!
Keep the faith folks.......

If there is anything sadder, it's great talents like Peter Sallis going without such a grand honor has knighthood. The fact that it really was only a couple years ago he got his OBE is already a crime, he is way overdo for a higher title!

Shooting?? Oh my, Cleggy with a gun, that is a picture I just can´t see, even though I already have, I watched something once with Peter in it (early or mid 70s), being a murderer, planning another murder, carrying a gun, running with it and then being shot while running, quite shocking actually :eek:. I said so to him and his reponse was quite sweet and hilarious when you think about it, an actor talking to one of the audience, lol, he said "It was only play-acting!"
Although, shooting when you are nearly blind is a bit dangerous, or would be for Prince Philip ::). Shooting animals is such a wrong thing to do for both, Cleggy and Peter, because when it comes to animals he is really exactly like Cleggy :D.

Shooting?? Oh my, Cleggy with a gun, that is a picture I just can´t see, even though I already have, I watched something once with Peter in it (early or mid 70s), being a murderer, planning another murder, carrying a gun, running with it and then being shot while running, quite shocking actually :eek:. I said so to him and his reponse was quite sweet and hilarious when you think about it, an actor talking to one of the audience, lol, he said "It was only play-acting!"
Although, shooting when you are nearly blind is a bit dangerous, or would be for Prince Philip ::). Shooting animals is such a wrong thing to do for both, Cleggy and Peter, because when it comes to animals he is really exactly like Cleggy :D.
I couldn't really see it either ****.Just a tongue in cheek comment on my part. :eek:

Pardon me if my message shows a little ignorance on the topic of knighthood, but I would like to share....

Has Frank Thornton been given knighthood yet? Perhaps it is not done in groups or pairs but it seems to me that the only thing better than Peter Sallis being granted knighthood would be Sallis and Thornton honored together.

I cant see it happening myself sadly. It took the establishment until two years before his death to award Charlie Chaplin a knighthood.

I couldn't really see it either ****.Just a tongue in cheek comment on my part. :eek:
I know ;), but I couldn´t resist.

You have as much right to voice your protest as anyone ****.You go for it. :)
Would one have to be Brittish? If so, they wouldn't listen to a Yank from Texas:(

Not only that, he did Dracula! I agree -- bring on the knighthood!!

He could go to Bruce Forsyth for tips on how to get one. Whinging a lot seems to work

Back