Uxbridge English Dictionary

Viper: What you use to clean ze vindows

Walkie Talkie: What you get when you cross a parrot with a centipede

X-Ray: A ray that enables a person to see through anything except treachery

Year: The exact length of time that will pass from the day you get married to the day you forget your first anniversary

Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary

Thursday: How you feel crossing the desert on a hot day

Trapeziod: A device for catching zoids

Big fan of I'm Sorry I haven't a clue replied to the letter T entries because of Barry Cryer and his use of words to describe all things Yorkshire eg " There" Yorkshire rabbit like creature that raced a tortoise . For anyone interested the UK Amazon site has a couple of copies of the Uxbridge English Dictionary for 1p plus £2.80 delivery

Big fan of I'm Sorry I haven't a clue replied to the letter T entries because of Barry Cryer and his use of words to describe all things Yorkshire eg " There" Yorkshire rabbit like creature that raced a tortoise . For anyone interested the UK Amazon site has a couple of copies of the Uxbridge English Dictionary for 1p plus £2.80 delivery

Yes I have those volumes: the ones I placed here actually came via USA but seemed to be in the spirit of Uxbridge ...

Adding this here because one of the posts of the many I have added in regarding the show I'm Sorry I haven't a clue . Sadly Tim Brooke Taylor a founder member of the show has sadly died from Covid 19 . He was a stalwart of the show for all the years it has run and perhaps we have now lost some of the spirit of the show . His singing in the lyrics round where they sing lyrics of one song to the music of another were legendary . Its a very sad day for me as I have been listening to him on the show since I was at school when Humph was the host . Avery very sad loss

Last edited:
Back