Update to Site Move

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
At some point next week the Website & Forum is moving to a new host,please be aware of the following

1. I will ask you at some stage when the move is imminent not to make any further postings until the move is completed, the reason for this is the database with all your postings will be transferred,if you post during this time then your posting will be lost.

2. We took advantage during the move to install a major upgrade to the forum,so the new forum looks a little different, in many ways a lot clearer, the upgrade has the advantage of added security which can only be a good thing

3. So please watch out for more information about when this will take place

Terry

Our recent problems do prompt me to consult as to whether others are seeing problems on other websites. I am thinking particularly Amazon and wondering if they are trying to cram too much in to particular pages. I am finding them notably slow to load these days.

Our recent problems do prompt me to consult as to whether others are seeing problems on other websites. I am thinking particularly Amazon and wondering if they are trying to cram too much in to particular pages. I am finding them notably slow to load these days.
I think that web designers are becoming very complacent, with average internet speeds increasing the designers take it for granted that all browsers work 100% speed 100% of the time...... RUBBISH.
I can only speak for us in the UK, but you look at the average day, 0500 to about 0800 all corporations are transferring/updating data, so slow down, 0900 to about 1500 peak, everything works as it should, 1500 to 2300 all the kids are out of school on facebook, mums are looking for tomorrow recipes and dad's home from work amazoning and ebaying!!! internet at a crawl.

I think that web designers are becoming very complacent, with average internet speeds increasing the designers take it for granted that all browsers work 100% speed 100% of the time...... RUBBISH.
I can only speak for us in the UK, but you look at the average day, 0500 to about 0800 all corporations are transferring/updating data, so slow down, 0900 to about 1500 peak, everything works as it should, 1500 to 2300 all the kids are out of school on facebook, mums are looking for tomorrow recipes and dad's home from work amazoning and ebaying!!! internet at a crawl.
Nail on head springs to mind Tony!! >:(

Back