Update to Site Move

as long as its not by plane, I hate going on planes, then again I don't like boats either, im like Cleggy I can get seasick watching a paper boat ;) ;D

Just noticed this, my internet was off again last night, as long as Clegg's not driving the vehicle we should be alright.

I am going minimal for this move - just a Gladstone Bag with money to buy whatever is needed. (Just like Phineas Fogg) so can depart when told.

Let me know which day so I can check the weather and see whether I need a Panama or a Bowler!

as long as its not by plane, I hate going on planes, then again I don't like boats either, im like Cleggy I can get seasick watching a paper boat ;) ;D
:)[/I think we should take a cruise. DJWCFC we will have to spike your lemonade. You wont remember a thing.

;D ;)

You tell her Dick. I do my own packing...Have to after what happened to me when we last went to Tunisia. I packed my luggage and then we had to pack some old clothes to give to hotel staff for their families. They always ask for clothes and are very grateful. Well what happened was that my dear wife removed mine to make room for the old clothes and forgot to put mine back in..

You tell her Dick. I do my own packing...Have to after what happened to me when we last went to Tunisia. I packed my luggage and then we had to pack some old clothes to give to hotel staff for their families. They always ask for clothes and are very grateful. Well what happened was that my dear wife removed mine to make room for the old clothes and forgot to put mine back in..
My daughter went to Cuba a few years ago and before she came home the maids etc begged for her toothpaste etc. They are like gold over there and anything in that line can be traded for other stuff if need be.Wages are such that even doctors ask for any medicines you may be able to leave as they only got the equivalent of £40 a month themselves.They asked that if she came again would she remember and bring extras. She met with other guests who always left almost everything ,just to help the staff. :-\

My daughter went to Cuba a few years ago and before she came home the maids etc begged for her toothpaste etc. They are like gold over there and anything in that line can be traded for other stuff if need be.Wages are such that even doctors ask for any medicines you may be able to leave as they only got the equivalent of £40 a month themselves.They asked that if she came again would she remember and bring extras. She met with other guests who always left almost everything ,just to help the staff. :-\

I read somewhere that toothpaste, nappies and and any ladies items are very elusive. We are in fact very lucky in that we can get any thing we need, some of it at a price but it can be had. I remember my daughters school once asked the kids to make up a shoe box of essentials for woman of a country that had nothing.( I forget which one) they gave her a list of of things that was needed and she came home crying because on the list were things that we just take for granted ie sanitary wear, toothpaste, tooth brush, soap and the like.
Makes you think really, we filled that box to the brim, we had to tape the lid down.

ha! You did discover this before your old clothes were given away right? :D

Yes I kept my old clothes. This was lucky for me. So I kept one change of clothes to wear to come back home and gave them the rest. LOL

Back