Trumpton,Chigley or Camberwick Green

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Which if any was your favourite one of these shows.Just intoduced my five year old nephew to Trumpton and enjoyed it.Also which characters do you remember the most.

Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grub, from Trumpton. And Windy Miller, from Camberwick Green. Oh my word that takes me back. My children are 46 and 48, but we still laugh about them.

I was in a shop in, yeah, where was I?... Ah well, a china shop. Not in China, I'm confusing myself now,. A shop selling ornaments. Yeah, that'll do. Anyway, it had a whole series of Camberwick Green characters. They were lovely, and the Windy Miller one was very tempting. But I felt £50.00 was a bit steep for a bit of nostalga on a whim.

The Trumpton fireman scene with the little song kills me every time I hear it, such fun, I was shown it by an Uncle being as I am only a whipper snapper in my early 20's ;D

I was in a shop in, yeah, where was I?... Ah well, a china shop. Not in China, I'm confusing myself now,. A shop selling ornaments. Yeah, that'll do. Anyway, it had a whole series of Camberwick Green characters. They were lovely, and the Windy Miller one was very tempting. But I felt £50.00 was a bit steep for a bit of nostalga on a whim.

There is a shop in Maidstone in kent that sells these i always look at them whenever i pass. :)

Are you close to Maidstone, then Amos? I've always liked the idea of Kent. I've been to east Sussex plenty of times, but I don't think I ever got to Kent.

Are you close to Maidstone, then Amos? I've always liked the idea of Kent. I've been to east Sussex plenty of times, but I don't think I ever got to Kent.

About 20 mins on a train to Maidstone i am closer to Royal Tunbridge wells but go to Maidstone often :)

Ah, now, I've been to Royal Tunbridge Wells. There was a big music shop there and I spent too much money!

All these are unknown to me - my early TV was

Picture Book - Mondays
Andy Pandy - Tuesdays
Bill and Ben - Wednesdays
Rag Tag and Bobtail, - Thursdays
Woodentops - Fridays

Unknown!! i thought everyone knew these classics.I think i am too young to remember most of yours i'm afraid

Well I remember them all (unfortunately). I once entered a fancy dress competition with my son and his mate. They were Bill and Ben, and I was Little Weed. Happy days, I would be Big Weed now!

Unknown!! i thought everyone knew these classics.I think i am too young to remember most of yours i'm afraid

Had a gap in TV watching after the 1950s right up to 1980s - lived in schools, hospitals and so on part of the time and TV was not often that available. If there was one a poor picture and thus it was more often down to the local ....

Had a gap in TV watching after the 1950s right up to 1980s - lived in schools, hospitals and so on part of the time and TV was not often that available. If there was one a poor picture and thus it was more often down to the local ....

Shame missed some good shows in those days :)

Back