The Summerwine.net music thread

The Wow Emoji is because you could have hit me with a cricket bat last night when the news broke just hard to take in that he has passed away at 63 . Such a great front man you could anonymously post any of the Specials/ Fun Boy Three videos shut your eyes and you would know it was him such a unique vocal style . Such a sad day .

I hear on the heavenly spiritual superhighway that there will be a concert headlined by Ogden Buttercluff And The Dusky Maidens, in the New Year. Alas you have to have left this mortal coil and even then tickets are highly exclusive. Wow. Imagine it.

Attachments

• 20221220_183327.jpg
    20221220_183327.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 5
Libera Me, from the Priory School episode of the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series. The piece is a sacred-sounding arrangement of the legendary theme by Patrick Gowers. In fact, when I learned of Gowers' death, Libera Me was the first theme of his which came to mind. The theme works beautifully well alongside the visuals in that Sherlock Holmes episode.

Absolutely shocking news Jeff Beck has sadly passed away aged 78 . Always in the top 5 guitarists of all time no fancy effect pedals for him his sound was both unique and original . He toured the UK just last year with Johnny Depp in tow including Newcastle and started a frenzy by going to a local pub on the quayside everyone[ Beck and Depp at back , Sam Fender front left] clearly was interested in Depp if I'd been anywhere near I would have tried to engage with Jeff Beck for sure . A very sad loss.

6cbde836-cbb2-491a-bb18-84096a3f380f.jpg

I saw the story behind that song which was composed and performed for the parents of a young girl Ellen who tragically died at 16 and is part of a series of songs by various artists paying tribute to extraordinary people in the North East .

Back