The most expensive home made honeycombe ouch!!

minxie

Dedicated Member
Just made some honeycombe which looked scrum, it was so chewy, it took a piece of tooth with it. :'(

A couple of days ago I burnt my the roof of my mouth :'( :'(

So a trip the the dentist, once my mouth has healed, not a happy bunny today, so I am going to sit by the fire, and drink tea through a straw, and sup on some gruel

I can hear the violins from here

minxie

You poor thing. A burn from hot sugar is painful. AND it took some tooth? This is turning into an epic bit of misfortune. Not that I'm smiling to myself..... It's just that you've given me the first bit of a laugh since Dad died 2 weeks ago. Thanks Minxie. Sorry it's so painful, but thanks anyway! I'll just get my violin out......

You poor thing. A burn from hot sugar is painful. AND it took some tooth? This is turning into an epic bit of misfortune. Not that I'm smiling to myself..... It's just that you've given me the first bit of a laugh since Dad died 2 weeks ago. Thanks Minxie. Sorry it's so painful, but thanks anyway! I'll just get my violin out......
Me too Rhi ;)

Ohh, poor you, how horrible! I think we even have an old violin in the cellar, otherwise I´ll get my grandfather´s cello out ;).

We'll have a small chamber orchestra going at this rate! :D You must think we're a rotten lot, Minxie! I hope you're feeling a bit better by now. I'm sure theres a viola hanging around here somewhere...

Please, for a distant yank, tell me what y'all mean
by "honeycombe." Over here it's where the bees
store there honey.

It's my pleasure folks, I shall try and throw myself down the stairs tomorrow for an encore!!

As long as it made you smile for a while Rhi, I shall let you off.

I threw the honeycombe in the bin, as I can't inflict that on the rest of the family, ( or afford all our dentist bills)

Is that music I can faintly hear!!!!!

Honeycombe is also known as cinder toffee, its a sugar based sweet with golden syrup, that you an cover in chocolate.

Have you heard of 'crunchie bars' as it has honeycombe inside, and taste oodles better than the stuff I churned out today

Honeycombe is also known as cinder toffee, its a sugar based sweet with golden syrup, that you an cover in chocolate.

Have you heard of 'crunchie bars' as it has honeycombe inside, and taste oodles better than the stuff I churned out today

When we are over again this spring, I will search for some
"crunchie" bars. thanks.

Sorry about your misfortune Minxie,

on the bright side the title of this thread sounds like a great title for a Summer Wine episode.

I just happen to have a four pack of Crunchies in my Food cupboard(only two left) :)

I've got a four pack of Bounties in my cupboard! And an eight pack of Kit Kats! My diets gone to pot now I'm just cooking for me! My house is full of junk food.

I never liked Crunchie bars as the squeaking of chewing on it annoyed me. LOL

I've got a four pack of Bounties in my cupboard! And an eight pack of Kit Kats! My diets gone to pot now I'm just cooking for me! My house is full of junk food.
I am eating next to no bread since I've been on my own Rhi, but I am being very good by cooking at least one meal a day .HOWEVER!! I can be an absolute pig with Pringles! I had to force myself to put the carton away the other night. :-[ :-[

I am eating next to no bread since I've been on my own Rhi, but I am being very good by cooking at least one meal a day .HOWEVER!! I can be an absolute pig with Pringles! I had to force myself to put the carton away the other night. :-[ :-[

What flavour pringles :)

It takes a while to settle down to a different lifestyle living alone. But remove that junk food. I know they call it comfort food. There are so many easy things to cook for just one person. Rhi go and google.................

What flavour pringles :)
I'm a sucker for salt and vinegar Pringles or crisps! :p

Back