The Death of Conversation

thankfully not, in those early days when you walk hand in hand you don't want to come away with broken fingers and you couldn't get odds from Paddy Power for that not happening.

If you notice, Peter Sallis always has great coordination as he carries full glasses of beer, hops on and off chairs, or simply pours tea.
It was a tongue in cheek post Adanor,only having a laugh,but seriously,you're quite right,Peter Sallis is very impressive.

Pete,

Many moons ago I had a couple of girlfriends [very short term] who would have had no issue with this [or so it seemed at the time] given the size of their "gobs" they could have easily slid the saucer in their mouth and simply tipped their heads back !:rolleyes:[/QUTOTE]
I hate using this term but I did LOL at that :)
Back to the original topic though,I was sat in a room recently with four other work coleagues,all not much older than about 20,and every one of them was striking the pose in the original cartoon,heads down,thumbs going like mad,and every so often all four of them would simultaneously giggle or laugh,although they were in the same room,they were all actually talking to each other,with other people,on facebook or some other thing,
No wonder conversation is dead,they don't even talk to each other when they are able to,you watch Jeremy Kyle and everything is Facebook this Facebook that,the problem is,texts and facebook messages meant without any malice at all,can be read and interpreted and understood in a completely different way because they are just words,but when said to someone you can tell that it is meant in jest.

Back