Sunday 12/12/21 What a day.

Hi, Victoria has no broken bones but last night at 10 pm she was moved to a different ward where she is to be checked for blood clots on her legs. At this juncture I must be honest and tell you that I am the biggest clot she has, :confused:....Last night Jack was poorly and I sat up with him, stroking and talking to him. I managed to get one hours sleep. Good news though, he is OK this morning. Wish I was.

Attachments

• There there.jpg
    There there.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
Know its difficult Peri but you need to get your rest don't want you laid up when Victoria comes home . Hoping the tests show no issues and Victoria is home imminently . Do you think Jack knows something is up ,dogs are very intuitive . Anyway take care of yourself Peri sadly most of us can only show the strength of our empathy in print but Chuffer so kindly has offered to take that extra mile step as he is nearby which is just brilliant . Stay strong my friend!

Victoria had more scans yesterday. She is now waiting for the physio to give her the all clear.
FINGERS CROSSED.
OO OUCH. Now there's a lesson I've just learned, never cross your fingers whilst picking your nose.
...........................................................................Just had a call from Victoria. SHE IS COMING HOME TODAY. YIPPEE. ...... She doesn't know what time it will be yet because of the pandemic. Some patients have been sent home between 10:00 pm and midnight. That has to be one of the best calls I've ever received. Thank you all for your messages of support, they have helped me immensely. Back later.

Hi, Victoria has no broken bones but last night at 10 pm she was moved to a different ward where she is to be checked for blood clots on her legs.
Deep Vein Thrombosis (a.k.a. blood clots in the legs) is fairly common in people who have been bedridden or otherwise sedentary for as short a time as several hours, so it isn't unusual to check for them. Victoria might need to wear support hose for a while. They're tricky to put on and take off, but are helpful enough to be worthwhile.

Back