Still Open All Hours?

He had quite a varied career when you read IMDB , he had started in 1959 with his last role in 2010 which is some time to be acting . He never really had a starring role lots of of single appearances in lots of shows been in both Coronation Street and Eastenders but I guess will always be remembered as Mike for TDDUP as the thorn in Alf Garnett's side . One strange thing running through the list and is never explained is that some parts he is listed as Tony Booth and others he uses his Sunday name Anthony . Of course he is also remembered for being Cherie Blair's father .

Roy's comedies often do have similar characters:
Edie and Hyacinth
Wesley / Howerd and Richard
Auntie and Arkwright
Marina and Rose
Compo and Onslow
I see a lot of similarities beside the characters. The kitchen beauty parlor/coffee klatch is right out of the later Summer Wine episodes. Expect to see the giant cream filled sweet roll snagged any time. Wet Eric and Cyril hijinks are just the sort of thing Foggy or Seymoure would have come up with. Domineering incredibly serious women. Near invulnerability/cartoon healing. I'm sure there's a lot more I've missed.

barmpot

Roy's comedies often do have similar characters:
Edie and Hyacinth
Wesley / Howerd and Richard
Auntie and Arkwright
Marina and Rose
Compo and Onslow

What about Elizabeth and Mavis? Or Clegg's mother? And Councillor Mrs Nugent in KUA and another ferocious councillor in a Seymour episode had similarities.