Small part.

Whilst I implied Horlicks Peri I was trying to say banana you had one in your bag and Foggy had 6 to tempt the ape in the Woods which was of course Howard. If it was not banana then sadly I have slipped up again :)

Sandwiches and Cheese and Onion crisps.With pickled onions that you managed to sneak out in your pocket !:28:

If I tell you the title of the episode in which Foggy did the same thing that I did in Six nanas, then it would give you the answer. It is there in the scene but not in use. Foggy's was in use.:)

NOT.........................the curtain rod ? (Foggy's cane ) :eek2:
Now now dick, does it look like I'm carrying a curtain rod? I must be candid and say that it is definitely not there :). The thing that I am doing Foggy did in another episode. OOPS, I just gave you another clue.:42:

I'm intrigued to know how you got to become an extra in an episode, were you registered as a 'supporting actor' or did you just go along and was asked to feature?

I'd have loved to have been an extra, ideally in a pub scene where I was paid to drink in the background :18:

I'm intrigued to know how you got to become an extra in an episode, were you registered as a 'supporting actor' or did you just go along and was asked to feature?

I'd have loved to have been an extra, ideally in a pub scene where I was paid to drink in the background :18:

In my case it was being in the right place at the right time, two were pub scenes, all non alcoholic

We often used to visit Holmfirth and see them filming. On this occasion we intended going to The White Horse but, on arrival, there were crowds there. Alan Bell, the director, was seated and asking for one more to be in the queue for the bus. I told my lady friend to join the queue which she did. Then Alan told me to join the queue but first of all he told me to put on Foggy's stand ins jacket. I was confused because it was almost identical to mine. I asked them to take care of my camcorder but Alan told me to keep it on my shoulder. That was it. All done in a matter of minutes.

We often used to visit Holmfirth and see them filming. On this occasion we intended going to The White Horse but, on arrival, there were crowds there. Alan Bell, the director, was seated and asking for one more to be in the queue for the bus. I told my lady friend to join the queue which she did. Then Alan told me to join the queue but first of all he told me to put on Foggy's stand ins jacket. I was confused because it was almost identical to mine. I asked them to take care of my camcorder but Alan told me to keep it on my shoulder. That was it. All done in a matter of minutes.

Same here Alan picked me out of a crowd of watchers, except the final episode where he asked me a couple of days before if I was busy on the Sunday

Peri & Terry thank you so much for the wonderful insights there! The common theme is Alan Bell who sadly is much overlooked (and seldom mentioned on this site) for his passion which kept our wonderful sitcom running for a long as it did. I only met him briefly when I went to Teddington but it was clear to see the love he had for the series. I recall he was particularly overcome by the younger members of audience who he thought would be the next generation of fans. Clearly that wasn't to be as it was 2009 :frown2:

I don't follow that, are we saying there aren't younger fans?
I can't remember verbatim what he said, but I think his inference was the series was under pressure at the time (which in hindsight was correct as it was cancelled a year later) he felt the BBC thought it wasn't appealing to a younger audiences. I think when he saw so many younger people in the audience that disproved the view of the BBC.

This very subject was alluded to in his book, he felt BBC executives thought the series was only watched by older people who were dying off each year and that is one of the reasons they wanted the axe the series.

Hopefully this makes sense

Ta, I see.

I would say, to have a programme that appealed to just older people was ok though.

The BBC were daft in looking for programmes that appealed to younger people when older people need programmes too.

What's wrong with a programme that old people like??

LOTSW should and has appealed to all ages in the past.

I think the latter episodes would have appealed to older people and children, but of course with 1 000 000 channels and the internet in recent years, it's not always going to be the case.

Back