Sid's Cafe

LOL, and I had typed already that getting a bad Apfelstrudel in Austria is just as much of a disgrace as bad pizza or pasta in Italy, but I removed that bit again from my reply ;D.

In the early episodes the cafe was pretty run down,at some point they smarted it up,when did we see the appearance of the Gingham curtains and tablecloths,and what other changes came along over the years (The tea must of improved)

One big change was in Series 5 and Series 6 there is an unseen function room upstairs.

In later episodes, the Christmas parties etc are held downstairs in the cafe.

In Getting Sam Home it is shown Sid and Ivy's bedroom is directly above the cafe.

In the novel it seems they live in a house.

In Small Tune it's not clear where they live.

yes theres been an awful lot of artistic licence as far as the cafe is concerned, but for me it being very much a hub of the programme it has never detracted from the enjoyment, just accepted it for what it was... :)

Apple Strudel is not seen on menus in my neck of the woods,apple pie is the big thing on menus,in our high street we have a baked potato van and he does very good business.I remember Spud U Like when did they stop trading? I suppose KFC ,McDonalds etal have taken over ,.A question for **** ,do you have many small independant food outlets in existence or have the big boys taken over.?

Apple Strudel is not seen on menus in my neck of the woods,apple pie is the big thing on menus,in our high street we have a baked potato van and he does very good business.I remember Spud U Like when did they stop trading? I suppose KFC ,McDonalds etal have taken over ,.A question for **** ,do you have many small independant food outlets in existence or have the big boys taken over.?

I´m not quite sure I undestand what you mean, sorry. Do you mean things like McDonald´s etc.? Yes, we have all of that too, it depends where you go. The big cities are probably getting more and more similar all over the world, but in the smaller ones it´s all still quite traditional in places.

I meant do you still have lots of local bakers ,cafe,s butchers etc ,we are losing all of these shops in UK due to big stores and the bad economy.

they look great those meat pies. surely they cant have been horrible otherwise they wouldn't have had them, they showed their dislike for his tea tho!

Back