Programs Getting Shorter

When all TV companies go down the streaming mode, all these adblock addons might be a godsend

YouTube premium is far too expensive IMO at £12 per month, I use an ad blocker and I've not had any ads in YT or DailyMotion for years. I've attached the link of a couple I use;

I tend to watch a lot of YouTube on the TV via a Roku device, so unfortunately an ad blocker won't help for that.

uBlock Origin also does a pretty fine job for Firefox (the best browser :cheek: ) and chrome.
I'll agree with that. uBlock is a godsend. :18:

and then when they first went to color, all the faces were green.
Reminds me of a funny similar story. Long ago I had upgraded my DVD player to one that connected to my TV via higher quality RGB (red, green, blue) cables with separate audio instead of the RCA (red, white, yellow) cable connections. I felt like I was stepping up to the next tier of high-fidelity A/V quality. This was before HDMI became available.

Unknowingly, I did not have one of the (six) connections securely in place and proceeded to pop in the newly arrived Soylent Green DVD from Netflix. A 1973 ecological dystopian thriller film. Had recently watched Logan's Run and Tron the week before and was on a '70's & '80's film kick.

To my surprise everyone's faces and skin were deep green just like Smurf's are blue! I thought to myself it must be '1970's director's artistic license' since the movie did have Green in the title. Didn't know anything about it other than was said to be a classic of the era.

Watched the whole movie like that, popped in the second DVD that had arrived. Lo and behold everyone there was green as well!! I thought 'What the Heck?!?" So, re-checked my connections to discover one was loose and now skin colors were back to normal.

Switched back to the moments earlier previously viewed Soylent Green DVD to find that they also had normal skin tones now. Hung my head in disgust at having just watched an entire 1-1/2 hour movie with whacked out colors! I can laugh now, did not seem so funny at the time. Haha!!!

Reminds me of first time I used a work pool car to drive from Washington, County Durham to West Gorton in Manchester . I had learned to drive and passed my test[quite late I was 30] in a four forward gear car, the company pool car had 5 gears . Got in and onto the A1 motorway up to 70 but in third gear . The noise was intense, my colleague , a more experienced driver was so unimpressed with the noise of the car he vowed to never buy one . The tank emptied fairly rapidly so into the garage just before the M62 filled up set off onto the M62 same trick put the car in third gear again roared all the way to Manchester outskirts back in the Petrol station again . At this point we switched over and of course on short stretch into Gorton my colleague selected 5th gear and we were amazed how quiet it was . I have never been so embarrassed, course the tale was relayed back to colleagues and I became the inaugural winner of the old steering wheel trophy we had at work [someone brought in an old car steering wheel] my name firmly added with the date of the trip held it for a while but someone had a minor bump and was presented it by me . Over time many people held it but none were for driving at 70 mph in 3rd Gear ... twice :fp:

YouTube premium is far too expensive IMO at £12 per month, I use an ad blocker and I've not had any ads in YT or DailyMotion for years. I've attached the link of a couple I use;

I'm using Microsoft Edge together with both Adguard and also Adblock as well as the built in adblocker in my virus checker software (Kaspersky) and I never see any adverts on any parts of the internet whatsoever. Some websites, particularly news sites and TV catchup sites, don't let you read them without turning off the adblocker(s), although that is only a 10 second task, as long as you remember to turn them back on afterwards!

Back