Picture Quiz 59

I was in RNH Haslar for a hernia op in 1977, and had an ashtray next to my bed in the ward!! Unbelievable nowadays.
I had my last cigarett on 6th Sept 2004, the day I had a heart attack.
Geoff :)

I was in RNH Haslar for a hernia op in 1977, and had an ashtray next to my bed in the ward!! Unbelievable nowadays.

Maybe something I wrote earlier implied I never smoked. Not true - I just did not smoke below the legal age. Sadly at times I smoked like a chimney. I think it was around 1992 when I quit when in hospital for surgery at the opposite end of the digestive tract from where one normally smokes a cigarette.

:) Popped in a local pub today while on a jaunt with the family .This pub has not changed in a major fashion since the 1960's, ( no Slug and Lettuce treatment here!) We sat in the Smoking Room and on the wall where its always been (albeit now a modern one!) sat a cigarette machine but they were selling at £6 - 50 a pack. The customers still had to smoke outside though!! :D

I actually started smoking full time in hospital.I was 16 and in for a hernia op.My dad came to visit me and I forgot to hide the ashtray. After that I was able to smoke openly.Now with emphysema I wish my dad had clipped my ear.I quit in January 2005.

WOW, what a discussion, only because I found the ash tray! Well, I have never touched a cigarette and never will. Not once, and I have never felt the urge to. Thank god it seems to become less fashionable among the teenagers now than it was 15 years ago when I was one, many tried it then.

Back