Next DVD Sets

the BVA have now got the episodes up on both sets, looks like no series is gonna get missed out

also amos which delivery option do you use, whenever i pre-order of amazon it gets dispatched friday at the earliest and i get it either monday or tuesday

Eli.I use super saver free delivery.Although e.mail says friday delivery they do tend
to be late if they come by royal mail. :)

Eli.I use super saver free delivery.Although e.mail says friday delivery they do tend
to be late if they come by royal mail. :)

thats odd thats the same one i use, must be because of the area in the UK u are or the royal mail aren't very good with mine

could 1 of u which has already got the dvd explain what the back cover is please i.e. the back picture (is it nora or is it someone or something else), the paragraph explaining the set and which eps are on which discs, i cant wait till monday im inpatient (but only when it comes to LOTSW) lol

The back cover photo is Compo blowing the bugle from Last Post And Pigeon,for some reason,L P and P is the episode ahead of the death of Compo trilogy instead of before the 2000 series

i wonder has any1 else noticed the mistake on the 21 & 22 set, on the back instead of "Elegy for Fallen Wellies" it says "Elegy to Fallen Wellies", bit annoying isnt it

Here in the US, the 1992 season will be out on DVD in mid April. I already pre-ordered my copy!

Curious why you don't order it thru amazon.co.uk.

My experience has been that UK prices tend to be lower
than US prices, there are more available, and many
Phillips and Pioneer DVD players can handle Region=2
and PAL/NTSC discs just fine. Most of my huge DVD
collection is from the UK and they all play fine on
my US players.

I am really glad to have the next installment of LOTSW on DVD, but I find the picture quality isn't good.

I have all the earlier series on DVD and I think Universal Playback could have done a better remastering job, especially considering the aeons they actually take to release each DVD >:(

I've bought PAL dvds from Amazon.uk (I'm in the US) and they are definitely not cheaper than the dvds from Amazon in the US. But so many good British shows are not available on the US Amazon I was forced to buy the PAL discs from the UK Amazon. Once I got them I transferred them over to NTSC format by playing them back on a PAL player and recording them on an NTSC recorder. The end results are wonderful. Then I'm stuck with PAL discs I have no use for, but at least I've gotten shows like Public Eye using this method. I'm tempted to buy some of these LOSW discs available on Amazon.uk, but I keep reading that the quality of the picture is grainy and not good. The releases that have been put out stateside (I think Warner Brothers is releasing them here) have all had really nice picture quality. Jumping the gun now and buying the LOSW now from Am.UK will mean paying more for them and then I'll have to transfer them myself to NTSC discs and then suffer with an inferior picture that's on the Universal PAL sets to begin with. I think it's smarter to just wait till Warner Bros. gets around to releasing them here. Of course, if they don't, I will buy from the UK because this is the only way to get the "specials" which are never broadcast here and are only occasionally included in the commercial sets for sale here. The one's with the specials that I don't have are the sets I buy.

Back