Next DVD Sets

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
It certainly looks as if next two sets are on their way but there remain inconsistencies in the information available:

Series 21 & 22 (real 20 & 21)
Play.com and Sendit.com both have available 30 January 2012
Amazon in contrast has downgraded it to "Not Available" - not even "Pre-Order" or "Email when date fixed" - Nada.
British Video Association still has "Pulled from Schedule"
BBFC passed episodes on 21 December.

Series 23 & 24 (real 22 & 23)
Play.com has available 06 March 2012.
British Video Association still has "Release date 26/03/2012"

Sendit.com have delivery as 26th March for 23 & 24. I have both my dvds on order with them. Have not heard of any cacellation yet.

Sendit.com have delivery as 26th March for 23 & 24. I have both my dvds on order with them. Have not heard of any cacellation yet.

Looks like Play.com has a typo. and 26 March is the date. I have no doubt they are both on the way. Strange about Amazon - maybe tracking BVA.

To be specific, I am talking UK Region 2 Series 21 & 22 (so-called, 20 & 21 in real money) - bad news in that Play.com, Sendit.com and Amazon have revised date of 26 March 2012. This was date previously specified for the subsequent Series 23 & 24. Sendit.com now has that at 23 April 2012.

I got this e-mail from Play.com on: 13 October 2011.

"Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that 'Last Of The Summer Wine: Series 21 & 22 (4 Discs)' is now available to order. Click on the link below to pre-order now!

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=mcpotw&page=title&r=R2&title=20483968&source=9316

If you have any further queries please visit our helpdesk http://www.play.com/helpdesk

Kind regards,

The Play.com Team"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i get the email three months ago and still they aren't available!!
Must admit, it's the first time i've had anything like this from Play.com, they are usually on the ball...as it were.

G ; )

Annoyingly they have pushed the dates back...AGAIN!!, They don't seem to take this long bringing more modern comedies out on DVD!!

I received a catalogue from Razzamataz, distributers of DVDs, and they have advertised LOSW 21/22 as being available from 30th January. Grumpy

amazon have now got 21 & 22 for pre-order with a release date of 26th March, just like play

amazon have now got 21 & 22 for pre-order with a release date of 26th March, just like play

Yes, but at the moment Amazon are quoting almost £3 above Play.com price. That cannot last surely.

true, wil probly come down in price before the release, ment to add if its up on amazon maybe its defo going to happen and we can put the "pulled from schedule" on the BVA site out of our minds

the BVA have now got rid of the "Pulled from Schedule" and put the release date as 26th March, looks like it is gonna happen now

Note that Amazon has responded to my complaint that Play.com is considerably cheaper and has reduced price to £15.99. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back