NEW PET HATE

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
I have a new pet hate and am grinding my teeth over it !It is for the seal strips around the necks of loaves of bread Lately all I seem to get are the two ends stuck tightly together or they have another piece stuck between them and have to be picked apart .By the time I sort it out my temper is frayed and so are the ends of the seal strips.:20::02:

You have to get it open before it goes stale.
I agree with a Pearl to a certain extent. I buy fresh bread but I do get our baker to thick slice it for me.:42:

Dick,

Depends where the seal is on the opening end of the bag but you could use scissors to cut the end off the bag just below the seal then when you take even just a slice out there should be enough to gather up and tie off with a twist seal or even just fold the end over and stand the loaf up with that end face down so it does not go dry .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Oh no Pearl has hijacked my post " Dick what you doing with scissors !! Think what you are doing, use your Loaf man! "

Here in the States, the end is secured by a plastic square (tab) that has a slit in one side that secures the plastic bag. Easy to pull slightly apart and also has the Sale By date printed on it.

Here in the States, the end is secured by a plastic square (tab) that has a slit in one side that secures the plastic bag. Easy to pull slightly apart and also has the Sale By date printed on it.
That is exactly the same thing we have here in New Zealand.

this is us in Aussie except for Bakers Delight where they use twist ties but only 1/459th of a twist and it falls open as soon as you get home :(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_clip#/media/File:White_bread_clip_on_cloth-_2013-07-03_21-35.JPG
Bread_clip

Back