New Member from Barry

Just want to wish all members, their families and friends all the very best and good health during this crisis which is getting me down, watching plenty of Summer Wine to cheer me up
Me too William. I find the virus battle very depressing. We have been in self-imposed isolation for more than two weeks. I think that isolation is the only way to get rid of this disease. I am totally in disbelief of people who wish to go out shopping and help spread it around. I know it is essential for people to go out to buy food but to wander aimlessly idly shopping is beyond belief. Let me see, 'wander aimlessly', wasn't that an expression used by a relative of Clegg's?
My grand-daughter has the dreaded virus but she is young enough to fight it off.

Last edited:
Saw an interesting and touching story today about three ladies who have voluntarily gone into isolation . They have known each other for 40 years they get on and have decided as they are currently fit and showing no signs of the virus to pool resources and live together in one of their houses then after a week if they still all feel fit they will move to another of the three houses they own which are all close by . One was saying her house has features the others don't a long enclosed garden so a walk to the end and back is all the exercise they need . The lady has a discreet room so if they have an argument there is space to cool off but they have encountered the full spectrum of events during their lives and have never fallen out . It shows a fine example of how to overcome adversity

I think we're seeing the very best and very worst of the human condition during this crisis. Not sure whether you saw those idiot Brits in Benidorm the other day defying the curfew and singing in groups and goading the police. Sadly it only takes a very small minority of people to think they are above the quarantine rules for everyone to be in enforced isolation enforced by the Army & Police.

My like is for outing them Barry not for their actions which are totally irresponsible .The most shocking thing was they were not young lads but certainly middle aged and a number a lot older who you would hope have the sense and mature attitude to just accept it . Of course they'd be playing the "woe is me card vociferously " and expect preferential treatment if the contracted the virus as result . Here's a novel idea get yourselves back to the UK and maybe offer help to elderly people who are isolated by getting their shopping or just helping them in any way they require.

I AM HORRIFIED. This makes me so angry. What would those yobs think if they saw their grandparents or parents in an oxygen tent fighting for breath? What a pity we have to allow them back into the country. They don't have the brains they were born with.

Thing is Peri, looking at the ages of them, most of them are probably grandparents themselves.

One positive is that whilst we're in quarantine (I hate the American word lockdown which is very negative!) we should all be more active on this site and keep our grey matter active!!!!!! If I'm as half as knowledgeable as CC or Roger by the end of this I'll be a happy man:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Thing is Peri, looking at the ages of them, most of them are probably grandparents themselves.

One positive is that whilst we're in quarantine (I hate the American word lockdown which is very negative!) we should all be more active on this site and keep our grey matter active!!!!!! If I'm as half as knowledgeable as CC or Roger by the end of this I'll be a happy man:rolling::rolling::rolling:
Well said, I agree with you entirely. I'm not sure what the limits are in this group for discussion on the problem.

Back