New Member from Barry

Peripheral

A Very Big Welcome to you William and a Happy Birthday to you. So you are now 35. I used to be 35 but that was 49 years ago. I have been to Barry but it was referred to as Barry Island when I went. I liked it very much down there. I was in my early thirties at the time.
Do you prefer to be called William or Bill? I once worked with someone called William but we called him Bill. That's because he came
at the end of the month. Enjoy yourself here, they are a very happy, funny bunch of people.

barryboy1985

A Very Big Welcome to you William and a Happy Birthday to you. So you are now 35. I used to be 35 but that was 49 years ago. I have been to Barry but it was referred to as Barry Island when I went. I liked it very much down there. I was in my early thirties at the time.
Do you prefer to be called William or Bill? I once worked with someone called William but we called him Bill. That's because he came
at the end of the month. Enjoy yourself here, they are a very happy, funny bunch of people.
Hi, don't mind being called William, Will, or Bill. Thanks for your warm welcome to the forum

Peripheral

Good Morning William. I told you that I had been to Barry Island. In those days, many years ago, I was a very strong swimmer and went for a swim in the sea. This is a true story. I went out for what seemed miles. Eventually, the lifeboat came out to rescue me. "I'm OK," I told them and kept swimming. When I turned and headed back for shore they went back alongside me. I think they were getting low on fuel. I really enjoyed that swim.

barryboy1985

Just a question that has probably asked a thousand times on here...did the quality of the show drop following Compo's death?

Barrychuckle

That's a very good question, but really down to personal opinion. The series certainly changed direction after his death, and I felt there were no longer any main characters more an ensemble cast.