New Book

Mine is still 'preparing for dispatch' and the expected dates were 13 - 14 January with delivery from tomorrow - some how it does not seem it is going to happen that quick for me!

well to be fair I use prime on amazon so maybe there getting them orders out first or its a case of doing it in order of people ordering it, but im sure it will be with you soon

I've just received the book and had a quick glance at it and I'm afraid it looks like its just a re-print of the earlier book, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just wanted to let you know

Well it is advertised with another 30 pages or so - but this will mean a less than positive review on Amazon if it is a new edition of the existing book because that is slightly devious in my view. If that is the case then I shall be glad I only spent £5.

I shall await the volume with some interest.

I've just received the book and had a quick glance at it and I'm afraid it looks like its just a re-print of the earlier book, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just wanted to let you know

If so that is poor. All that seems to have changed then is the title to take advantage of the Summer Wine connection, when the original book had very little about the series in it (If memory serves you have to read about 200 pages to get to to it). I doubt that Peter Sallis himself would have anything to do with this "Summer Wine" renaming which just seems like an advertising ploy.

Agree Philosopher Clegg, Laws in copywriting, who knows. Change , cover, add some pages , Change title, may be all legit. Nothing said about 2nd edition. The love of $$$..... taking advantage of those who have already purchased first one. Shame on someone.

The number of pages have been mentioned before, but doing a quick check on Amazon.

Summer Wine and Other Stories - My Autobiography [Paperback] - 288 pages.

Fading into the Limelight: The Autobiography [Hardcover] - 246 pages.

Fading Into The Limelight: The Autobiography [Kindle Edition] - 280 pages.

Fading Into The Limelight: The Autobiography [Paperback] - 280 pages.

So it looks like there is about 8 pages difference. The difference between the hardback and paperback version of Fading may simply be down to the size of print and words per page?

Hi Darren,I would be jumping up and down at the seller of the book,was it amazon if so you can leave feedback on the site,at least that will warn others who have the original,I will also make a note to fans on the main website,I doubt that Mr Sallis is even aware this is happening.
Even though I have not bought the book I have been able to make a review on Amazon's website,so the more of you that do that,might help other folk

That's no good, I would imagine people will be pretty miffed if they had bought both books. They shouldn't be allowed to be that.

I see this as rather underhand tactics by the publisher who is keen to sell books and is unconcerned that many will have two identical versions. Probably not illegal but of dubious ethics.

Note also that some of the photographs are smaller!

Yes, taking advantage Peter getting old and LOTSW the most played rerun in the UK. Someone is greedy and Mr. Sallis non the wiser.

Back