New Book

Norm

Dedicated Member
I am not sure if everyone knows about this but just in case : it would seem a new book is coming out in January :- Peter Sallis "Summer Wine and other stories - My Autobiography" Amazon told me about it, my apologies if its common knowledge. :reindeer:

Just looked and its on amazon for 6.99. My only worry is how similar to fading into the limelight it is. If it has loads more about summer wine than the other book which was a good read but not really enough about our favourite show.

seems interesting and might be a bit more about Summer Wine in this book seeing its in the title, I've pre-ordered it, lets hope its a good read

My guess is it is the same book (Fading into the Limelight) It has the same amount of pages 288.
But it does have different ISBN No. so it may be updated.
I will wait for someone to review it before I commit to buy.

My guess is it is the same book (Fading into the Limelight) It has the same amount of pages 288.
But it does have different ISBN No. so it may be updated.
I will wait for someone to review it before I commit to buy.

My checking of the "Fading ..." title states 280 pages, and I note the hard back version had a collaborator listed - John Miller - so I do wonder how much is new. Reading the blurb makes me think it is a new edition of "Fading ..." with possibly some new material but not that much.

However I shall probably order at £6.99 .... :santahat: :santahat:

I notice that my copy of "fading ..." has only 246 pages so obviously there is some new stuff. My guess is that a lot will be similar but he may well have brought the story of SW up to date.

So off I jolly well go to order ..... :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :santahat: :santahat: :santahat:

Mine (a paperback) has 236 pages, I'm hopeful for new stuff too so have ordered (a late Christmas present to myself). :santawink: :santahat:

I did read his original autobiography when it first came out and I do recall that there was not much about LOTSW in it at all. Quire disappointing actually. I got the impression that he wanted to get over to the reader that he was more than just Norman Clegg and he didn't spend all his time wandering the hills with Compo and Foggy or being best buddies with Bill Owen and Brian Wilde. I would like to think that this one is what it says on the cover, that there will be more Summer Wine stories and not just the first book with a new cover and title.

Well ordered - due for release 6th, which means with the free delivery should be here about Friday 10th.

So will let you know .... :santahat: :santahat: :santahat:

Well ordered - due for release 6th, which means with the free delivery should be here about Friday 10th.

So will let you know .... :santahat: :santahat: :santahat:

Look forward to your review, I really do hope that it has more Summer Wine in it than Fading.

Have cancelled as the order was still not despatched - but re-ordered from another supplier at £5.81 all in (so cheaper) and marked in stock. Amazon were stating another 9 - 14 days delivery!

Have cancelled as the order was still not despatched - but re-ordered from another supplier at £5.81 all in (so cheaper) and marked in stock. Amazon were stating another 9 - 14 days delivery!

what site was that?

I pre ordered on amazon and they said April 4th delivery! Yes, will look somewhere else. Any leads appreciated.

Look here at The Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Peter-Sallis-Summer-Wine-&-Other-Stories-Peter-Sallis/9781782197454

£5.12 but note here a publication date of 20th January is specified. Looks like there has been a delay.

Interesting - The Book Depository price has gone up to £6.39 today - same as Amazon.

Yes my second attempt is Book Depository at £5.12, and noted that it is 'preparing for despatch' with that event being due either today or tomorrow.

Does seem that there is a hiccough though. :( :( :(

my book has just been dispatched by amazon, so hopefully will have it by the end of the week

Mine is still 'preparing for dispatch' and the expected dates were 13 - 14 January with delivery from tomorrow - some how it does not seem it is going to happen that quick for me!

Back