My New Job

Marina'sTwin

Dedicated Member
Ok, so I haven't been around for a while because I started my new job Monday. It's an office job, which is A LOT easier than being a waitress and it pays more, so I actually like it so far. Don't laugh at me, but I actually enjoy driving to work at 5:30 am because there aren't so many cars on the road, so I can jam out to the radio without having to worry too much about hitting someone. LOL :respect: What I don't like is getting home at 4 pm and having to go to bed at 10. That only gives me six hours to hang out with my friends and do what I want. When I was a waitress (a job I only took because I was bored), I wasn't working all the time, so I had lots of time to do whatever I wanted. But I wasn't making much money, which was fine with me because I was mostly relying on my parents' money, so the money I made as a waitress was just a little bit of extra spending money. Now, I want to make my own money and rely on myself, so that's why I guess I'm ok with sacrificing time for more money. And I still hang out with my friends, I just can't party with them all night when I have to work the next day. I guess this working for a living thing isn't so bad. LOL So someone give me a rundown on what I missed this week. :21:

I thought it was a bit slow myself. Terry added some pictures. He was in the Holmfirth area. That is about it. :yawn:

Glad you like your new job!

You're sounding quite responsible!

LOL Well, getting everything you want without having to work for it gets boring after a while. And when I get bored, I start looking for something to do. And usually that something is illegal. So I had to get something that would make me a responsible person and keep me out of trouble. LOL :)

What's funny is that I went from being a waitress to being an office worker. A normal person would be a little apprehensive about going from one job to a job that's completely opposite from what they were doing, but it's not like that with me. That's what I like about having Borderline Personality. I can be one thing one day and then something completely different the next and it doesn't bother me at all. Going from waitress to office worker would bother a normal person. They would have to worry about making a transition from what they're use to, but for me, there is no transition, so I guess I'm lucky when it comes to that. LOL :dance:

Its called growing up :D

You may like it you may not but making your own money is always a good thing. Your job will be what you make it, just make some friends and have fun too :)

Not so strange Holly, my eldest daughter was getting desperate for a job and applied to be a cleaner. She came out with a job in the wages office. :respect:

Not so strange Holly, my eldest daughter was getting desperate for a job and applied to be a cleaner. She came out with a job in the wages office. :respect:

What's the Wages Office, Dick?

What's the Wages Office, Dick?

Its in the main offices of the factory where the payroll is made up. The girls and boys in there collate the hours that the staff work and prepare the pay for the work force. My girls job was back in the day when they had to give cash in special envelopes to pay the workers. Most of it these days is paid into bank accounts of course. :pc:

Ah, we just call it Payroll. and yes, direct deposit is everywhere . . no need to walk anymore to your bank to make a deposit, terrible really, taking away jobs.

Ah, we just call it Payroll. and yes, direct deposit is everywhere . . no need to walk anymore to your bank to make a deposit, terrible really, taking away jobs.

But much better for families. The wage-earner can no longer visit all the bars on pay day and spend the entire pay packet before arriving home, as used to happen in some families here in my area. And I feel much more secure having my pension and Social Security checks deposited directly to my bank account, rather than risking their being stolen from my mailbox.

Marianna

But much better for families. The wage-earner can no longer visit all the bars on pay day and spend the entire pay packet before arriving home, as used to happen in some families here in my area. And I feel much more secure having my pension and Social Security checks deposited directly to my bank account, rather than risking their being stolen from my mailbox.

Marianna

Oh yes, Marianna, true true . . I didn't think of that. And ya know I do it too. lol . . direct deposit all checks. sigh.
by the by . . . how do I type a word in BOLD type here?

how do I type a word in BOLD type here?

Two ways to bold a character or a word, same as in a word processor.

1. <Ctrl>b then type what you want bolded. When you finish typing it, toggle bolding off with <Ctrl>b.

2. If you realize after typing that you want something bolded, drag the cursor over to highlight, then <Ctrl>b to bold.

Marianna

Don't worry about going from being a waitress to working in an office. I used to work with a girl who used to be a bartender. Anyway 50% of office work is having people skills and you should have tons of people skills having been a waitress. Oh yes, try to avoid typos. That's the other 50%.

. Oh yes, try to avoid typos. That's the other 50%.

LOL , That's true!, and she has the people skills, like you said being waitress, also jumping in with both feet here!!! She is a people person , I can tell!!!:14: Just watch out for office gossip. Don't get in the middle, good to be on the outside of the conversation. OOPS. Don't be the topic either. :12: Enjoy spending the $$$

Don't worry about going from being a waitress to working in an office. I used to work with a girl who used to be a bartender. Anyway 50% of office work is having people skills and you should have tons of people skills having been a waitress. Oh yes, try to avoid typos. That's the other 50%.

I once worked with a middle-aged woman who had transitioned from waitressing to bartending and was just then making a complete change to a library clerk job. She eventually worked her way up to a department supervisor and stayed with that line of work long enough to retire from it.

Marianna

Thanks for all the encouragement, everybody! :) I wasn't able to read many of ya'll's posts because my internet is acting crazy. LOL I don't think it's the site that's the problem, I think it's actually the internet because everyone in Calhoun Falls is having internet trouble right now. I did see where ya'll said I was a people person. How did you guess? LOL I'm totally a people person! I'm the type of person who makes people notice me. If you don't notice me at first, you'll know my name by the end of the day because I'm gonna introduce myself at some point. LOL I guess that's the "Marina" in me. I don't wear short skirts to work or anything like that (imagine Marina working in an office! :30: ), but I do have that kind of "you have no choice but to know I exist" personality like she does. LOL I'm just going to hope this message actually posts right since we're having internet issues, but I'll try to keep ya'll posted as much as possible. :)

Just thought I'd drop in and let ya'll know how I'm doing. I got my first paycheck yesterday and it was pretty big! LOL Enough to finally upgrade my phone, which I'm happy about since it's downright embarrassing to have an Omnia. Don't laugh, it was one of the best in 2009! LOL Anyway, my Galaxy should be here in a couple of weeks! :biggrin: And I really like my job so far! I'm loving it more and more every day, so I think this is where I'm gonna stay for a while. :) So how's everyone else doing? By the way, my internet is back up and running, if ya'll couldn't already tell. LOL

I once worked with a middle-aged woman who had transitioned from waitressing to bartending and was just then making a complete change to a library clerk job. She eventually worked her way up to a department supervisor and stayed with that line of work long enough to retire from it.

Marianna

I have made several career transitions over the years. Teaching chemistry to buying for 17 hospitals back in the 1970s for one!

Just thought I'd drop in and let ya'll know how I'm doing. I got my first paycheck yesterday and it was pretty big! LOL Enough to finally upgrade my phone, which I'm happy about since it's downright embarrassing to have an Omnia. Don't laugh, it was one of the best in 2009! LOL Anyway, my Galaxy should be here in a couple of weeks! :biggrin: And I really like my job so far! I'm loving it more and more every day, so I think this is where I'm gonna stay for a while. :) So how's everyone else doing? By the way, my internet is back up and running, if ya'll couldn't already tell. LOL

Good job Holly, I am up grading to iphone in sept when they come out. Mine a bit archaic also, no internet, I just text and talk. Way old!!! So I know where you are coming from.

Good to hear from you, :37:

Back