Members, how did you get here

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious to know how you arrived at the forum when you first joined, was it word of mouth, a web search etc

I think BIG UNC got me interested in a forum for Summer Wine (I forget when) As soon as it seemed ready to fold he suggested moving. So I did and have not wanted to move again!:08:

I NEEDED to search out and find like minded loonys who were absolutely obsessed with our favourite programme !.
I thought that it would be just a small number of devotees...BUT HOW WRONG I WAS !!!!....
I am SO PROUD to be part of the worldwide "special family" of Summerwiners,
The forum means SO MUCH to so many people,and we know that even in these terrible dark times we are NEVER ALONE...we are a keyboard away from a happy,smiling BARMPOT who will keep us company when we need it most !!.
x!

Watched the show avidly when it came out and on Gold started looking for like minded folks who shared that love of the show . Clouseau like I stumbled across the site , must have been the Kato influence of Bert being in the show , and the rest is History so to speak.

I was off to visit Holmfirth for the first time so Googled Summer Wine to see if there was a map I could use up there. I can across a link so I applied to join, by the time we got home I'd been accepted. Terry will know the date, he's mourned the day ever since.

Last edited:
I was off to visit Holmfirth for the first time so Googled Summer Wine to see if there was a map I could use up there. I can across a link so I applied to join, by the time we got home I'd been accepted. Terry will know the date, he's mourned the day ever since.
Feb 22nd 2012

I bought the DVD set which had no episode list attached so when I googled the series listing this forum came up with it's listing of all episodes, and the rest is history.....

Walking along one day, minding my own business and tripped and fell into this strange quagmire!
What rubbish, you were thrown at me as I was passing Laskys in Tottenham Court Road, you gone in and asked to look at their range of Amstrad Hi-Fi as you needed to upgrade from your Binatone

I did a web search for the release date of the next Region 2 DVD set (but can't remember which seasons I was looking for), and an earlier version of this forum was among the retrieved records. I applied for membership and have never looked back.

Back