Main, front page possible glitch

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Since trying Firefox browser recently I noticed on our main page that a facebook add overlaps most of the Community Forums button. Did not notice it doing that when using Google Chrome browser in the past. Could be just something peculiar with my setup. Still able to click around the advert box to access the forums. Mostly just giving a heads up because if someone is new to our site and this happens to them. They may have a little trouble finding where to click to enter the forums. I knew where the button was but it still gave me pause for a second while I thought 'Where did the forum access go?'

I highlighted with a light blue oval on the attached picture to show what I mean. Waited for about a week before saying anything in case it was just a temporary glitch in the matrix on my side and would correct itself. Happens with multiple, monitor screen sizes ... an x1080 and an x1440 (screencap). Comes close to overlapping, but not quite with an older x780 laptop.

LotSWmainpage.jpg

added - attached picture got shrunk more than expected posting here. I can post it to another website and link here if need be.

I currently use Chrome. Used FireFox until recently. Never had a problem with the Facebook group notice overlapping the essential info on the main page. I really hated to stop using FireFox, but Facebook Video Messenger refused to run until after I closed FireFox, and I really wanted to join the extended family's Christmas chat since we couldn't all gather as usual.

On the subject of errors on the home page, on the Episode Guide at the bottom of the page it states "19 Nov 1073 02 Inventor of the 40-Foot Ferret" I had no idea the series was around in Medieval times ;););)

Thanks, Tony.

I like Chrome Marianna, but it seems recently to be a memory hog for me when multiple tabs are open.

Well, it was the longest running sitcom :D
I think keeping ferrets has been around since Medieval times.

Wine certainly has been.

And maybe it has been all the war stories that Foggy has told were ones his Ancestors took part in.

Maybe Last of The Summer Wine started out as a play?.

I'm sure there have been strong Yorkshire women since then.

Just a thought.

Thanks, Tony.

I like Chrome Marianna, but it seems recently to be a memory hog for me when multiple tabs are open.

Never tried a Chrome Marianna Rick , quite like a Gin and Tonic or Violet Martini stirred and never shaken . If you are opening multiple tabs in cocktail bars no wonder you have memory hog sounds like too many Chrome Marianna's in one session my friend :08::);)

Thanks, Tony.

I used FireFox for its security and liked it because it tolerated my multiple windows with many tabs open in each. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the security is the reason it wouldn't allow a Facebook video Messenger session with more than one participant.

Back