Locations: As they are today

Yup, used to like the Old Bridge Inn till it went from a pub
to a wine/coffee bar. Kinda prefer The Nook lately.

Yup, used to like the Old Bridge Inn till it went from a pub
to a wine/coffee bar. Kinda prefer The Nook lately.

As I've mentioned before, I lodged at The Rooms At The Nook while I was in Holmfirth last fall. Very nice room on the top floor overlooking the River Ribble (and the outdoor seating). No noise and no drifting cigarette smoke. The rooms are named for the old local mills — that one is called Snailsden. Very good, generous breakfast. The top floor rooms would be extremely cozy for two people because they're right up under the roof, restricting the usable floor space. Perfect for one, though.

Sam's hill when he was wanting his ashes spread, hope there is no motor way there now. Bringing Sam Home. The big hill you can see the foundry smoke stack and the town. At least I hope no motorway is there now. Anybody any idea of this location. Im off tomorrow to Holmfirth and would like to get an up todate image. Let me know if you think you know

Off tomorrow to Holmfirth, if any other locations can be suggested to take an up todate photo, please let me know. Still no idea of hill location at end of episode Getting sam home, if anyone has an idea please let me know i would like to get the image for Brenda. Cheers, dave

Hi Dave. I am a big fan of Howard and Marina. Any photos of the CO-OP where they used to meet would be good. ( does not sound very romantic I know)!! Thank's. Gill.

Hi Dave. I am a big fan of Howard and Marina. Any photos of the CO-OP where they used to meet would be good. ( does not sound very romantic I know)!! Thank's. Gill.
Will do. Are you sure you mean the co op location or the location used as Lodges.

coop_holmfirth.jpg

Dont set off until tomorrow morning Brenda, so hope weather holds for journey down. Ill be posting images onto forum while im there.
Cheers all

rps20160516_064358.jpg
In the early Blamire episode when Compo doesn't want to go down Market street and they decide to see Judd, I would like to see the steep street they walked down. Thanks Dave for bringing Holmfirth close to those who cannot visit. Maybe some day. Thanks also to Pete for also giving us the wonderful before and after photos. Cannot forget our chief barmpot Terry!!! Cheers all.
Morning all, a sunny and bright start to the day in Holmfirth. This image is for Brenda who wanted to see how this street looks now, so here it is. More photos to follow later today after exploring up at the back of the town where they filmed many track scenes with town in the background.
See you all later, Dave

Great photographs Dave thank you for posting . The one of interest to me is the Welcome sign . I and others have mentioned in threads before there seems to be very little recognition that LOTSW was filmed in the area , other than Nora's and I suppose the Cafe . I cannot understand why the local Councils in Holmfirth , Jackson Bridge ,Marsden and out on the Hills have not recognised the places where they filmed . Seeing the sign , on which there is no reference to LOTSW , I just see as it as not only a missed opportunity to inform people visiting the town who maybe do not know of the show , but almost as an insult, considering how much the show has done for the town and the area .

Great photographs Dave thank you for posting . The one of interest to me is the Welcome sign . I and others have mentioned in threads before there seems to be very little recognition that LOTSW was filmed in the area , other than Nora's and I suppose the Cafe . I cannot understand why the local Councils in Holmfirth , Jackson Bridge ,Marsden and out on the Hills have not recognised the places where they filmed . Seeing the sign , on which there is no reference to LOTSW , I just see as it as not only a missed opportunity to inform people visiting the town who maybe do not know of the show , but almost as an insult, considering how much the show has done for the town and the area .
I know what you mean Captain but unfortunately Holmfirth isnt the only town to not embrace or make the full potential of their unique location. I have visited many areas that have been used for film and tv productions and the locals treat it as an inderence rather than an opportunity to capitalise on the exsposure. At least there is the tour bus and surrounding cafes that earn an income from LOTSW but there could be a lot more. Posting more images shortly

Back