Locations: As they are today

Ive got a rough idea now but would still like to know the exact episode so i can see what angle they used. Can anybody advise the Blamire episode its in

Thanks jack, happy to share with people who appreciate a classic tv programme and its locations. Do you have any idea with regards the street location that Brenda is asking about?

Thanks dave, Short Back and Palais Glide was the episode. I couldn't remember it off hand when the request. Here is another one. Sam's hill when he was wanting his ashes spread, hope there is no motor way there now. Bringing Sam Home. The big hill you can see the foundry smoke stack and the town. At least I hope no motorway is there now.

Hi Brenda, is it the hill that is at the end of the episode when foggy is emptying the earn and falls over. If it is im not sure which one that is, does anybody know?

Ok Brenda ill have another look at dvd and see if i can recognise the view. It is the view from the hill you would like to see a photo of and not the hill its self? Again, if any one knows exactly what hill we are talking about, please let me know.

Hi all, have just looked at the scene in 'Getting Sam Home', for the location of the hill at the end of the episode where Foggy empties the earn and falls but can not recognise where the hill is or even exactly what the view is, as it is quite misty. If anyone can help us out with this one, as I would love to be able to photograph the view as it is now, for Brenda our Hero member. So come on everyone take a look and dig deep, there must be someone out there that knows. Cheers, Dave...

Have got it now Brenda. Its at the bottom of Rotcher Road such a well used location. Cciaffone you was right. Thanks for all the help I will get a now shot of that street. Cheers Dave

If you continue up New Fold / Goose Green to the top, you'll be standing where we see Compo coming up to meet Blamire a few minutes into Of Funerals and Fish. Bear left from there and continue up the hill and you'll be facing the steps that we see Blamire descend with his landlady's dog a bit before he meets Compo. The house where he lodged is the semi-detached right there on the corner.

New Fold Lane.jpg
Ive got a rough idea now but would still like to know the exact episode so i can see what angle they used. Can anybody advise the Blamire episode its in

This is the spot you're looking for (screen shot from Google Earth). The street sign on the left at the bottom of the lane reads "New Fold leading to Goose Green". This view is from Hollowgate, with your back to Victoria Square.

Thanks Marianna for your info ill be able to get that shot now. Any idea where the hill is, to get the view thats at the end of Getting Sam Home and Foggy falls over with the earn. Brenda would like to see an up todate shot of that from that location. Please let me know if you have any idea

Another image taken last year. This time the view from Victoria Park, Holmfirth towards Lower Mill Road and New Fold area's, I think!!View attachment 1069

The rather distinctive house slightly to the right of center, with the twin bay windows flanking the front door, is at the intersection of Rotcher Road, Cartworth Road and Cemetery Road. The top of Goose Green is across from the house, hidden by other buildings.

Love your photos!

Back