Is The Site Slow Loading

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I need your help,can you confirm if the Website & Forum is loading at a decent speed for you,in the last few days it seems to have slowed right down,sometimes having to wait several (10+) seconds for anything to happen, I have spoken to the hosting company and they are looking into what it might be, when I do a trace route it seems to get so far and then no response until the website answers,so it looks to me that it manybe a routing problem. I just want to check if it is just me it is happening to, and how are you folk overseas finding the speed,Thanks Terry

Been happening to me all day Terry :( Even tried to clean the junk out but no difference. ::) I even thought it was Virgins fault but they claim "no problem"

yeah I have noticed it's been slow the last day or two Terry, thought it was a problem my end but maybe it isn't

I can get into the forum fine with no hesitation, but when I try to log myself in then it stalls for a bit....no real problem here.

I take it back. I notice that when I am replying to a topic it is much slower.....

It is slow on my side too.

By the way, I am a school teacher and my school year is starting, plus we are getting ready for my older son's 6 year birthday (always a bigger project than expected)- so I might be a little quiet for the next week.

Yes it's been slow for a day or two, has said no problem getting on to it but posting and loading has become slow.

Me also. I thought maybe the hot weather is effecting the internet.

Thanks for all your input,I will be chasing them up again today,lets hope they can resolve it soon,Terry

it's seems to have speeded up my end Terry, just thought you better know although I don't want to tempt fate by saying it ;D

Thanks for all your help in monitoring this for me,I have to agree that it does seem better, though I have had no reply to my fault ticket,so please let me know if it starts to slow up again in the next 24 hours,either sooner or when the renewal is due up in Feb 2014 I will move the site to a UK based server,nearer the time I will advise you all when this may happen as there maybe some disruption for a short period,Terry

Well sadly the site is still slow and the hosting company have been as much use as a Ashtray on a Motorbike, so the decision has been made to move and with much help from a Forum member the move is afoot,so can I ask that members do not post any new pictures until we move,which with luck could be as soon as the end of next week,I will advise you all nearer the actual date as there could be a short down time,for which I am sorry but you will just have to sit and watch LOSW episodes until the site is back up

Terry

Clicked on my desktop shortcut for these forums about ten minutes ago and after a couple of minutes thought my internet had gone down, the browser was going nowhere!
Tried a couple of other sites, worked perfectly.
I did a speed test (web page loading speed) and the results speak for themselves:
See the results: http://webwait.com/2dl
The other two sites are hosted in the UK I admit, but the should never be that much of a difference.
Oh, also the tester runs the test five (5) times and then averages out the results, and the first of the five for summerwine came in at 98 seconds. abysmal.

it does to have been a lot slower again the last couple of days, still lets hope the move sorts it out

Back