Hobbo Coming Next!

"Anyway Chuck, have you seen some of the Hobbo episodes yet?"

Yup, gottem all. Tonight we watch The Mother of All Mistakes - Or Is It?.
Almost done this pass through.

Looking forward to finishing Hobbo and starting again
with Of Funerals and Fish. Back to the good stuff.

"Anyway Chuck, have you seen some of the Hobbo episodes yet?"

Yup, gottem all. Tonight we watch The Mother of All Mistakes - Or Is It?.
Almost done this pass through.

Looking forward to finishing Hobbo and starting again
with Of Funerals and Fish. Back to the good stuff.

So you never got around to appreciating Hobbo. Of course a lot of people feel the show declined over time. Just curious Chuck (and to others that read this), at what point do you think the show's quality diminished? Just curious.

I know the the last two years is an obvious answer for many but for some perhaps it is after the first few years, or after Compo, or after Foggy, etc.

And on a final note, reflecting on the show's swansong. The previous comments on tributes to late cast members were discussed many times before. Obviously Nora, Ivy, Clegg, or Foggy didn't have the proper send offs (and I don't mean to bring this topic up again). However I just wanted to state that in How Not To Cry at Weddings, the brief moment where Ivy is getting ready for the wedding and pulls out the picture of Sid and smiles was beautifully done. It was short, but sweet, and quite a contrast to how we normally view them, as arguing at the cafe.

The scene where Ivy looks at the photograph of Sid is from Just a Small Funeral (Compo's funeral).

Back