Hey I'm back

We had a history teacher Unc who pronounced The Stone Of Scone (bet you know what I'm on about) as scoon.He expected the class to do the same ::)

And he was quite correct! The ancient capital of Scotland and venue for the crowning of Scotland's kings and where all landowners pledge allegiance is pronounced in the Gaelic way to rhyme with boon.

And who deleted my Da Doo Ron Ron?

We had a history teacher Unc who pronounced The Stone Of Scone (bet you know what I'm on about) as scoon.He expected the class to do the same ::)

And he was quite correct! The ancient capital of Scotland and venue for the crowning of Scotland's kings and where all landowners pledge allegiance is pronounced in the Gaelic way to rhyme with boon.

And who deleted my Da Doo Ron Ron?
??? Not guilty your honour!! :eek:

Ooh, I'm partial to a nice scone! With strawberry jam and good, thick cream. Oh yes, I can imagine it now!

I make a good scone, 'though I say it myself as shouldn't'. My pastry is like cardboard. Do you say scone to rhyme with 'stone' or with 'Ron'? I use the flat Ron.

I'm a good old plan "Ron" gal ;D

Funny, that. My pastry is disgusting, but cakes, bread and most other stuff turns out fine. But pastry, nah. Rubbish every time. My hands are always too hot. Chocolate, butter even some soft cheeses have softened and melted yards from the checkouts. Hopeless!

Funny, that. My pastry is disgusting, but cakes, bread and most other stuff turns out fine. But pastry, nah. Rubbish every time. My hands are always too hot. Chocolate, butter even some soft cheeses have softened and melted yards from the checkouts. Hopeless!

I am the same Rhi. Scones need very little handling so they turn out fine, but by the time I have finished with the pastry it really is awful. I mentioned in another thread, the New Zealand cook, Nici Wickes. She says that the pastry that you can buy in the freezer shop is so good, why bother to make it. My sort of cook.

Welcome home Amos, glad you had a great time. I don't know where Compos gone :(
Did you nip into the church oposite the Sids Cafe?
To upload your pic's click on Additional Options just under the comments box and just above the Post button, you'll see Attach click on browse and you can upload from there. Looking forward to seeing your pic's ;D

If you meant me I had said before I left on my holiday that we were going to Sorrento, Italy. It is a part of Naples where we also visited the island of Capri, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi and etc. We arrived back early tuesday morning. It was a lovely holiday which I hope we will repeat again next year. Quite tiring but enjoyable..... I think there is another Compo in this forum not sure. But I am glad to be back...

Hiya Compo,
I went to Sorrento years back and whilst I was there I was reading Spike Milligans 'Goodbye Soldier'. The book is set there at the close of the war. Brilliantly funny book which included all the places I was visiting.

Back