Gentle Comedies

Yes, looks like the chippy to the right. It has an entrance and an exit... always busy. I had a pint sat outside the pub on the left and watched the world go by and chatted to the locals. Interesting little house next door to it with an inscription above the door. Built in 1668. Looking back at these photos has made me want to go back ASAP!!!6498FC00-B736-4668-8B61-901422A56806.jpegEF88A9B0-F6E2-4F11-9F3B-5BE6473EEEB4.jpeg

Thanks Ferret , me too really enjoyed going around that region , the only thing with Bus trips you get limited time at each place as they want you back to the selected Hotel so you spend money with them as the holidays were an unbelievably low cost but drinks in Hotel are expensive but that didn't really bother me all part of the Holiday a gargle in the Hotel . The Driver is of course covered by his Tachometer and so all the breaks etc are guided by the time he can drive .

Hello Ferret found a webcam that looks onto on of Hawes main streets thought you might like

I took a quick snapshot only because the Policewoman and the Guy with the bike seemed to be having some sort of confrontation . He was gesticulating vociferously so don't know what it was about not sure if the lady had stopped him for something or maybe a car had got too close to him when he was riding . Sadly no sound and only a snapshot so never know what it was about . I felt a bit like James Stewart in Hitchcock's Rear Window [one of my top ten films]

hawes.jpg

Someone recommended To The Manor Born on this thread and although I've watched the odd episode i've never got into it. However I've started following it from the very first episode and I'm really starting to enjoy it, it even has parallels with LOTSW which I love. It's only taken me 40 years but I'm converted :p:p:p

Watched the 2016 episode of Goodnight Sweetheart.. Always liked the original...
I think they were on a winner with the 2016 episode but as usual, they just keep making the same things over and over instead of taking a risk.

I bought the DVD box set of On the Up and found that nice and easy to watch, about £12 from the Amazon Jungle

Someone recommended To The Manor Born on this thread and although I've watched the odd episode i've never got into it. However I've started following it from the very first episode and I'm really starting to enjoy it, it even has parallels with LOTSW which I love. It's only taken me 40 years but I'm converted :p:p:p
I've never seen a single episode of it, but I've heard only positive comment. That just led me to an internet search and to a company called deepdiscount.com. The prices aren't significantly lower than Amazon's, but I'd like to distribute my business more broadly, so I might give them a try.

I've never seen a single episode of it, but I've heard only positive comment. That just led me to an internet search and to a company called deepdiscount.com. The prices aren't significantly lower than Amazon's, but I'd like to distribute my business more broadly, so I might give them a try.
I'm sure you can find them online for free, I've found the very first episode here

After her huge success as the Upper crust Margo in the Good Life the BBC were looking for a vehicle to give Penelope Keith a star role in similar vein , the role of Audrey Forbes-Hamilton was the perfect complimentary role to that of Margo . Morecambe and Wise recognised her huge success and provided the perfect sketch to send her up something rotten but she was absolutely delighted to take part , the staircase is one of the many classic sketches.

After her huge success as the Upper crust Margo in the Good Life the BBC were looking for a vehicle to give Penelope Keith a star role in similar vein , the role of Audrey Forbes-Hamilton was the perfect complimentary role to that of Margo . Morecambe and Wise recognised her huge success and provided the perfect sketch to send her up something rotten but she was absolutely delighted to take part , the staircase is one of the many classic sketches.
Spot on Captain. She is a 'Class Act'.

One of my Favourites also Onslow, always on C4 in the mornings I don't avidly watch it now but like to dip in when I see one of my favourite episodes is on . I assume you have seen plans to remake . It makes me think Still Open All Hours and that they should just leave it alone especially since like Arkwright the main character and counter to Frasier and Niles , Marty actor John Mahoney has so sadly passed away.

I've been watching One Foot in the Grave, starring Richard Wilson.
Fantastic series, but I can see why there was controversy as regards cruelty to animals, though I was not genuine.

Perhaps one of the key points of a gentle comedy is you're drawn into it's world, that's certainly the case with LOTSW & To The Manor Born, not sure this is the case with OAH, which although really funny it more like watching a stage play

Back