Foggy?

It wasn't the same actress. The "biggest round" line was from "Uncle of the Bride." The post lady in that wasn't the same as the post lady who takes Foggy in "There Gies the Groom."
Perhaps one post lady told the other about this gormless streak that had plenty of cash and wa unmarried?

So just why DO you think they called him "foggy" ??

(Cause he always blew fog ??)
He always seemed to be in his own personal fogbank. Especially when he embarked on his war reminisces with some unsuspecting poor soul.

I don't think that Foggy ever went abroad he probably went from depot to depot writing signs and never fired a rifle after his basic training and as for Burma it was a place on the map for him .But his stories are good fun and I like his character and his way of going on and the banter with Compo yes he was the best third man .

Having watched them all now I have to say it was best when Foggy was in it. 'Here we go again' says compo when Foggy says 'they're not proper insects like in the jungle

I wasn't that keen on tom Owen and the Mrs avery daughter was dreadfully out of sync with the show but Alan Bell admitted that in his book

OK, here's my question. In Uncle of the Bride, Rosemary Cham(p)ney played post lady. Since her real name was Rosemary, did they just let that also be her character name? Because sometimes when it doesn't matter, they just let them keep their actual name??

I would say you are right about that.

Also in Uncle of the Bride, isn't old Albert (the man in the pub who doesn't have any alcohol), isn't his real name actually Albert?

Albert Welch.

I'm sure this this has happened on other occasions, but I can't remember when.

I think in the pilot episode of Open All Hours Keith Chegwin is referred to as Young Keithie or something.

So just why DO you think they called him "foggy" ??

(Cause he always blew fog ??)
The things I have read suggest its derived from the folk song the Foggy Foggy Dew plus in early episodes he had a tendency to blank out . Related but as an aside one of the articles pointed out that the Royal Family nicknamed Captain Mark Philips " Foggy " when he was courting Princess Anne because they thought he was dense and a bit wet .

The things I have read suggest its derived from the folk song the Foggy Foggy Dew plus in early episodes he had a tendency to blank out ..

I'd already mentioned this Captain but I'd always remembered it as an old bawdy army song! Dewhursts in the army always seemed to be called Foggy:confused:

I wasn't sure Dick and didn't check back through the thread but I was so intrigued by the information about Captain Mark Philips , which was in the same post on the site I found the information , I wanted to share that on the forum .

Foggy was a brilliant organiser and leader of men ,but could not separate fact from fiction thankgoodnes the other two enjoyed themselves but always moaned .If he had not been around they would have been bored and not seen Compo as a courier or Compo as Pigeon skier on top of Sids van Bring it on Foggy!

I wasn't sure Dick and didn't check back through the thread but I was so intrigued by the information about Captain Mark Philips , which was in the same post on the site I found the information , I wanted to share that on the forum .

Did Foggy say something about Mark Phillips in The Odd Dog Men. He made a sort of speech about the corgi's never looking so fit since Foggy and his team had walked them. Another one of his dreams.(by Royal Appointment) BTW Chris none of us is taking the wee wee out of Foggy, just commenting that's all.

Not offended Dick its just fun you should hear what my other half says about Foggy but I like him and everybody else in show

Back