Foggy?

Ch74

Is he lying about absolutely everything? Was he ever in Burma? I remember Compo saying he was a sign writer who never left England?

I can't think of a time where he ever said anything that sounded genuine. There never seemed to be the right emotion in any of the stories.

I guess he was one of those people who lived through the war never seeing any action.

I always thought according to Foggy of course that he was indespencable to the army in Burma probably wrote signs for toilets whilst the bullets flew everywhere !

I think he could have been sent overseas but as a signwriter he would be unlikely to have seen a great deal of active stuff, although just as likely never got beyond Cattereick or Aldershot. We know his last posting was at Oswestry.

I don't think that Foggy ever went abroad he probably went from depot to depot writing signs and never fired a rifle after his basic training and as for Burma it was a place on the map for him .But his stories are good fun and I like his character and his way of going on and the banter with Compo yes he was the best third man .

I believe Foggy knew that Compo and Cleggy never believed his war stories but would always try to convince them. Loved the fact that through each one's weaknesses, Foggy's tall tales, Compo's scruffiness and Cleggy's fears, they always stuck together and stayed friends. :)

By dint of a little digging..............
Stephanie Roscoe played post lady in 3 episodes
#1 White Sweater and a solicitors letter #2 From Here To Paternity #3 Last Post and Pigeon

Brenda Kempner played in 2 episodes..............#1 There goes The Groom #2 Support your Local Skydiver

Rosemary Cham(p)ney played post lady in Uncle of The Bride.

If anyone knows different please feel free to correct me :thumbsup:

Back