Females

Hi, I'm female, but really new here, so didn't like to join in. But hello to you all. :)

Hi Rhi, do join in and chat,we love to hear to hear everybody's point of view about the show along with many other things

Hiya everyone, I'm very well and glad to be here. I have a question. I saw a few photos recently, Mr Sallis filming Last of the Summer Wine a few years back, sitting down, and his poor legs were bandaged. Anyone know what happened to him?

Hiya everyone, I'm very well and glad to be here. I have a question. I saw a few photos recently, Mr Sallis filming Last of the Summer Wine a few years back, sitting down, and his poor legs were bandaged. Anyone know what happened to him?

Not sure of the title but one episode had Peter with a supposed broken leg(one of the more knowledgeable members might put me right) but looking at your question , did he have the bandage because he had a problem or was he dressed for the episode??

Not sure of the title but one episode had Peter with a supposed broken leg(one of the more knowledgeable members might put me right) but looking at your question , did he have the bandage because he had a problem or was he dressed for the episode??

I think that was 'Available for Weddings'

Hi Rhi, welcome to the forum! I´m one of the females ;). Hm, I don´t know the picture you mean, but I do know that Peter´s legs are fine now. There was nothing wrong with them to my knowledge, I only know he had surgery on one hip and one knee a few years back, but I can´t imagine they did it all at the same time and that he was filming then. And I don´t even know if they bandage your legs then. I would think it must have been for the part. Perhaps they changed it later and removed one of the bandages again.

Hi ****, I'm glad he's okay. Thanks for the info. I was sorry to see the photos of him like that, even though I could see they were a few years old. Somehow I feel very protective toward Mr Sallis! I suppose he, or at least Norman Clegg, has been part of the soundtrack and backdrop to my life since I was a child, so he's kind of like a symbol of things I hold dear.

Hi Rhi, I can understand that, feeling protective I mean ;). I know he´d appreciate what you said. Yes, there is nothing like childhood memories, though mine differ from all of yours because I´ve grown up with different things over here in Germany.

Hi, All. I just stopped by to say good morning before heading off to work. ****, You think Mr Sallis would appreciate that? Wow. Have you ever met him, then? That would be something! Can you imagine just being able to meet him and simply thank him for all those years worth of laughter, poiniancy and joy he's given us? What a moment that would be. I probably wouldn't be able to speak!!!

Hi Rhi, yes, I can totally understand the feeling of not being able to speak (especially if English is a foreign language as it is to me ;) )! That´s how I felt too. Have I ever met him... Oh yes, for the first time 3 years ago and by now we are friends and I see him every now and again and apart from that there is the telephone. I just don´t like to talk about all this very much because I want to protect his privacy ;).

Good for you. Keep protecting him. How lucky you are to know him. As long as he's happy, fit and well, thats all we need to know!

Thank you Rhi, yes, definitely, I will go on protecting him ;). The most unusual friendship I ever had, but nevertheless a close one and one I wouldn´t miss for the world.

Lucky you. I was talking to a pal in work today, and I mentioned watching Summer wine. Suddenly everyone was chipping in talking about the show and laughing, remembering their favourite bits, and you know, within minutes everyone was happier, more chatty and the whole atmosphere of the place warmed and became more agreeable. All due to Summer Wine. What a show.

Lucky you. I was talking to a pal in work today, and I mentioned watching Summer wine. Suddenly everyone was chipping in talking about the show and laughing, remembering their favourite bits, and you know, within minutes everyone was happier, more chatty and the whole atmosphere of the place warmed and became more agreeable. All due to Summer Wine. What a show.

I like that thought

@ Rhi:
I can imagine, sadly we don´t get it over here and nobody knows it. We have got other things like that though, but it is a bit strange how one show can be so big in one country and completely unknown in another. Especially when you live among those who don´t know it.

That must be peculiar, ****. Happily almost everyone I know has seen Summer Wine. Yeah, George, made my day even better. I have the happiest job in the world. I work with people who have learning difficulties and some special needs. I've got a brilliant boss and the team is fab. How lucky am I? Okay, not as lucky as you, ****, but it's not a bad job.

Back