COVID Vaccine.

Mum and I have just been offered an appointment from our GP surgery for our second jabs on Wednesday (28th April), but we sadly and annoyingly had to decline. Our friend from our support bubble did offer to take us, but only if it didn't interfere with her operation on her arm. Unfortunately they both happened to be in the same week, and as she's not recovered completely, she can't drive. So, we're back on the waiting list again, although I did stress to the GP's reception that we definitely DO want to have our jabs, they just can't happen until our friend can drive again.

Mum and I have just been offered an appointment from our GP surgery for our second jabs on Wednesday (28th April), but we sadly and annoyingly had to decline. Our friend from our support bubble did offer to take us, but only if it didn't interfere with her operation on her arm. Unfortunately they both happened to be in the same week, and as she's not recovered completely, she can't drive. So, we're back on the waiting list again, although I did stress to the GP's reception that we definitely DO want to have our jabs, they just can't happen until our friend can drive again.
That must be very disappointing for you. I'm sure that another appointment will be made soon. Would your income allow you to make use of a taxi? Regardless of how long you have to wait, take extra care and stay safe.

Hopefully it sorts itself, if I lived closer to Lincolnshire I'd offer to give you a lift myself as I know how important the jab was to me!

I'm sorry to hear this, it's not always easy for people to get to the surgery.

Thanks for your concern Peri, Barry and Pearl. Well, I would think that, by the time we have another chance to have our jabs, our friend will be able to drive again and will be able to take us then. We did think about asking around our other friends, but as they are not in our actual support bubble, I was unsure if they would be willing to share their cars in the circumstances since it will be difficult to keep our 2 metres distance in a car. I do know of some people who have refused to share their cars as they feel they can't keep sufficient distance in them.

Thanks for your concern Peri, Barry and Pearl. Well, I would think that, by the time we have another chance to have our jabs, our friend will be able to drive again and will be able to take us then. We did think about asking around our other friends, but as they are not in our actual support bubble, I was unsure if they would be willing to share their cars in the circumstances since it will be difficult to keep our 2 metres distance in a car. I do know of some people who have refused to share their cars as they feel they can't keep sufficient distance in them.
I'd look at it as a taxi service, if everyone is wearing masks and your sitting in the back I think its allowed for medical appointments, you could also wear coats and drive with the windows down. If you get some rapid flow tests and all 3 take one before you go to make sure you're all negative that would help too.

Well, everyone, Mum and I have now been offered another chance to have our second jabs next week and we have now excepted accepted the appointment. Our friend from our support bubble has more or less recovered from her operation now and has now started driving again. She is willing to take us if she doesn't have too much pain in her arm. She said to accept the appointment anyway and if she is in too much pain to drive at the time, her husband will take us instead. (He's also in our bubble) She was so upset that we couldn't go last time and she said it was too important to miss this appointment as we don't know how long it will take to get another one. Either way, we will get there and have our jabs done, which is good news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, everyone, Mum and I have now been offered another chance to have our second jabs next week and we have now excepted the appointment. Our friend from our support bubble has more or less recovered from her operation now and has now started driving again. She is willing to take us if she doesn't have too much pain in her arm. She said to accept the appointment anyway and if she is in too much pain to drive at the time, her husband will take us instead. (He's also in our bubble) She was so upset that we couldn't go last time and she said it was too important to miss this appointment as we don't know how long it will take to get another one. Either way, we will get there and have our jabs done, which is good news.
That's great news.

Good luck with the vaccine Pearl. My wife and I are both handicapped and housebound. We have been self isolated for ten months in our own little effort to fight this virus and we will wait for a few months before we have our injections We have good friends here on SW who are all extremely a big help to us in keeping our spirits up. Many thanks to all for your friendship and may your future be brighter than 2020.... Peri and Victoria.
I would encourage you and your wife to get the shots. My husband and I got ours and it was a piece of cake. No side effects both times. If you can, go outside on a nice sunny day and enjoy. Self isolating does not mean avoiding the healing effects of nature.

Mum and I both had our second vaccines yesterday. Our friend did take us in the end and we did well. We'd had our jabs within the first 15 minutes of arriving at the venue, but we did have to sit and rest for another 15 minutes afterwards. At the moment I am feeling fine and I haven't got any side effects so far. Mum, on the other hand is suffering badly. She has a severe headache and has been in bed since 8.30pm last night. (it's now 3.30pm.) She has also not been able to eat much during that time, although she did ask for some chips for tea! I'm taking that as a good sign.

Mum and I both had our second vaccines yesterday. Our friend did take us in the end and we did well. We'd had our jabs within the first 15 minutes of arriving at the venue, but we did have to sit and rest for another 15 minutes afterwards. At the moment I am feeling fine and I haven't got any side effects so far. Mum, on the other hand is suffering badly. She has a severe headache and has been in bed since 8.30pm last night. (it's now 3.30pm.) She has also not been able to eat much during that time, although she did ask for some chips for tea! I'm taking that as a good sign.
I'm glad you both had it done, I'm sorry your mam isn't feeling well, just make sure she drinks lots of water. Keep us updated.

Sorry to hear about your mum Imi. Did she have the AstraZeneca vaccine. I had that and it gave me a migraine. I won't be having an A-Z booster later in the year. I'm hoping they can give me a Phizer, or whatever it's called instead.

Sorry to hear your Mum isn't too grand after her jab hopefully it is very very short term . I had my second one today no issues mine was Pfizer, I had no issues with the first either but have heard of people having issues with both vaccines has to be down to individual metabolisms and how the vaccine interacts .

Well, we both had the Pfizer vaccine. Today Mum is doing much better. She did get up at about 4.45pm yesterday and also managed to eat her chips! She also walked round to our local pub, where we had a polling station for the UK elections and voted too. (About 5 minutes walk from our house). She managed to get up as normal this morning and has been eating her meals as normal too. She seems to be OK now but we'll keep an eye on her for a while just to be sure.

As for myself, I am still OK and, although I am feeling a little more tired than normal today, I am carrying on as normal with no real troubles to speak of so far.

Well, we both had the Pfizer vaccine. Today Mum is doing much better. She did get up at about 4.45pm yesterday and also managed to eat her chips! She also walked round to our local pub, where we had a polling station for the UK elections and voted too. (About 5 minutes walk from our house). She managed to get up as normal this morning and has been eating her meals as normal too. She seems to be OK now but we'll keep an eye on her for a while just to be sure.

As for myself, I am still OK and, although I am feeling a little more tired than normal today, I am carrying on as normal with no real troubles to speak of so far.
Caring for a parent in normal circumstances is tiring enough but with pandemic, the vaccine and a the worry makes it harder. If ever you need a chat feel free to massage me or just have a bit of a moan on here.

Back