Computer Game designer required

Hi Cap,

I think there have been some pretty amazing ideas presented here so far. Oh, to be able to code as well as I would like to I would jump on creating a LotSW game in a heartbeat. I have always gravitated more towards PC games than console games so that is why I asked that computer folk like myself not be left out. Gaming companies seem to have little problem porting between the formats, though.

Long ago I dabbled in creating some playable maps for games like Duke Nukem 3D and Quake back in the mid '90's. Created some levels based on Red Dwarf. Never published them or put them out for others to play on. My computer at the time was under powered for level design to say the least. The level editors back then were extremely crude, no frills kinda tools with almost no documentation on how to use them. The editors for today's games that players have access to are much better from what I have heard.

I am undecided between a hi-def 3D over the shoulder or first person view game or LotSW. Or a cartoon-ish, almost hand-drawn style similar to South Park, etc. A combination of both, possibly with 'mini games' inside the main game along with levels for different cast member eras. Would be easier to show Ivy chasing and whacking Compo on the head with a tray in a less detailed format. For exploring the country side sand box style the high detail 3D would be much preferred with detail like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed or Crysis. No matter how it is done there great potential for a game here.

Cheers,
Rick

@RickAns: Ah, so you are a fellow gamer! I do understand that PC gaming is quite popular with a good amount of gamers; like almost every video game produced nowadays, the game I personally envision would be produced on a PC and I'd try to do it in a way where it wouldn't be too downgraded when it's time to put the game on the console.

I do agree that game editors are much more advanced as well as other programs in general. Like, Blender 3D and Unreal Engine 4 are both great candidates for the production of a LOTSW game! Honestly, right now, all I can do is talk about the type of game I wish to see. Even if I did have the skill and know-how, I'd need to get a computer with more power, first! :laugh:

You've given me an idea, actually. In my version of a LOTSW game, it will be mostly third-person but in certain parts of the game, it could be over the shoulder and/or first person. For instance, in segments that involve Billy Hardcastle and his bow and arrow.

Also, while there would be music in this game, I also imagine the game to have segments, especially one the countryside, that would just include an ambience that could be it's own soundtrack. Even more, you'd be given the option to turn the music's volume down or completely off to discover this ambience, which varies from place to place, would exist throughout the entire game.

I also imagine sound effects that have been featured in the actual program being used in certain parts as a way of further immersing players into the world. For instance, Wesley's wind-up grill and the Gnome (complete with Alan J W Bell's squeaky rendition of "I Want To Be Happy").

@barmpot: That is the same question I also ask. heh heh...

Last edited:
Back