Classic bags of Crisps that are no more

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
While browsing twitter this morning I came across a picture that someone had posted about a variety of potato crisps called Farmer Brown's made by Smiths . These are now sadly long gone but can anyone remember any other varieties that are long gone . I'll pitch a few

Rancheros
bones
Discos
Crispy Tubes
Sky Divers
Outer Spacers
Potato Puffs

While browsing twitter this morning I came across a picture that someone had posted about a variety of potato crisps called Farmer Brown's made by Smiths . These are now sadly long gone but can anyone remember any other varieties that are long gone . I'll pitch a few

Rancheros
bones
Discos
Crispy Tubes
Sky Divers
Outer Spacers
Potato Puffs

Discos are still available. They sell them at my local Coop.

Took packed lunch to school always had a bar of Cadbury's milk chocolate and crisps [various flavours] . Regardless of flavour I was always desperate to get out and play football so would trough the lot and got a taste for chocolate and crisps combined . When Walkers were looking for new flavours I wrote suggesting chocolate covered salted crisps but didn't get anywhere, I have not made them myself ,which I could, but not fussed with crisps now . I imagine I could be adding them to your lists . My own memory was Tudor crisps sadly long gone only other one that comes to mind are Mint Sauce crisps.

crisps.jpg

Last edited:
Combining the Summerwine theme, Compo reminded me of the 'Golden Wonder' crisps advert with a cartoon man in a Scottish Tan O shanter cap chucking a crisp into his mouth. Compo wore the same cap when he was dining a prospective girlfriend on mushy peas in Sids cafe.

They weren't in a bag, they were in a tube.

Cadbury's Stackers - these were before Pringles, and in a very similar sized tube - and tasted even better.

I'm sure there was a Fish and Chips flavor crisps
Are wheat cruchies still around
Yes they're always on sale in Home Bargains!

Yes you can still get Wheat Crunchies, smoky bacon are the most popular but I buy the multipacks for the amber nectar - spicy tomato!!!

Back