Chinese or Indian

It was a bit nuts. The poor waiters must have thought we were mad. They were very patient!

I'm an Indian man, most Sundays i get the 5 course special. Chicken chatt starter, chicken vindaloo, keema pilau rice, keema naan and popadoms. gorgeous.

No one mentioned Italian or Greek or Carribean.. I like trying different foods.. Ainsley and Jamie do good stuff. Lately I watched the Two Hungry Italians. Those two men work so well together..

No one mentioned Italian or Greek or Carribean.. I like trying different foods.. Ainsley and Jamie do good stuff. Lately I watched the Two Hungry Italians. Those two men work so well together..
I mentioned I prefer Italian to Chinese or Indian but I've never tried Greek or Caribbean.

Hiya Compo,
If you go to Gennaro's web page gennarocontaldo.com He's always really pleased to hear from everyone and has always replied when I've sent a question or comment. He's a delight. He'd be chuffed to hear you enjoyed the series.

I know Indian has become sort of "English", but we don´t have as many over here, much more Chinese restaurants. Whatever it is, I don´t like it hot :D. I ate some sort of naan once in London and I loved it, but the rest was so hot that I don´t actually know what it tasted like...! I love Italian and also Caribbean (had the pleasure a few years ago in Trinidad), I love the tropical fruit and coconut, chicken and all this. I don´t particularly fancy hot, sour, salty or bitter, more like savoury or sweet or both. If that makes any sense, I don´t know how to explain that in English.

Hiya Compo,
If you go to Gennaro's web page gennarocontaldo.com He's always really pleased to hear from everyone and has always replied when I've sent a question or comment. He's a delight. He'd be chuffed to hear you enjoyed the series.

Thanks so very much I will go there right away..... Appreciated it...

Friend of mine tried vindalloo for first time and it gave him heartburn,more of a dupiaza man myself,or if I want something hot,madras.Chinese-wise like roast pork foo yung or duck curry

I enjoy both but when i can afford it,i always go for Lamb Tikka,mushroom pilau rice and a plain naan bread,lovely meal :p

Hector

To my taste Indian food has always been more flavoursome, you can't beat a good Madras I say :)

Which is your favourite take away/Sit down resturant I think i prefer a nice Indian curry to a chinese one but there are chinese meals i do like,My favourite curry at the moment is chicken Patia or tikka bhuna,Poppadom,Bombay aloo,nann bread
What is your favourite.. :)

I am totally confused about Indian curry. When I make Indian curry, I bloom the curry powder in onions and then add beef, other vegatables, etc. But, "Indian curry" as I've seen described, seems to start with a very thick white sauce to which curry powder, etc. is added along with other ingredients. It sounds very good, but isn't it fattening?

Back