Building

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone tell what the strange building is at the end of Inventor of the forty foot ferret?. I think the same building is featured in Who`s that dancing with Nora Batty then?

Can anyone tell what the strange building is at the end of Inventor of the forty foot ferret?. I think the same building is featured in Who`s that dancing with Nora Batty then?

I think it's a park shelter,but can't be positive.It is also seen in Three men and a mangle, when a disguised Howard grabs hold of Marina

I think this shelter has now been demolished because i didnt see it in that area when i was in Holmfirth

I believe that shelter was actually IN Holmfirth, just up hill
from the Huddersfield Road. Think it was demolished because
it was used only by young miscreants and was falling
to pieces and needed lot's of work. But mostly, it was
attracting "The Wrong Element."

Well here is a picture of it shortly before it was demolished. Judging by all the graffiti and vandalism I can understand the idea that it attracted the "wrong sort" :(

IMG_3903_zps8d3c00c1.jpg

Many thanks for the photo Chunky. It was a fine looking structure and it must have been quite old.I`m surprised it wasn`t listed.What a pity it`s gone.

Didn't they go on the top of it in one of the Blamire episodes.?I seem to remember them leaning on the wall looking down at the town.

I believe that shelter was actually IN Holmfirth, just up hill
from the Huddersfield Road. Think it was demolished because
it was used only by young miscreants and was falling
to pieces and needed lot's of work. But mostly, it was
attracting "The Wrong Element."
We send our kids out to get fresh air and have fun instead of wallowing in front of computors and tv's and just because they spray a bit of paint the council decide to demolish the only place these kids can shelter from the rain...that shelter looks virtually bomb proof...the grafiti probably cheered the shelter up,I have been to holmfirth many,many times and this was the only area that seems to be affected by such behavior that i have witnessed....the council should think themselves lucky.

So we are going to have to blame Compo for partly damaging the shelter when as a lad he scratched his and Aggy Ducket's name..seen in the episode.... Who's dancing with nora Batty then....Compo You naughty boy.

I'm sure they were up on the top of that building when Blamire said something about hell, and Clegg said, that's futher south, surely.

I'm sure they were up on the top of that building when Blamire said something about hell, and Clegg said, that's futher south, surely.
That was at the end of Inventor of the forty foot ferret Rhi,just watched it today on 'Yesterday' if you know what I mean.

Those early episodes were great. I didn't see much telly today so missed them. I have them all on the sky plus box and also on dvd. They really are a treat to watch.

I seem to remember another Blamire episode with the 3
lads inside the shelter, and a young girl comes along to
say goodbye. Think she was leaving for Australia or some such.

th..ark shelter has definately gone, looked for it in the summer but found compo's grave which was quite moving.. :)

Back