Building

Cannot believe they have knocked such a nice building down. All because of what seems like a bunch of delinquent, yobbo kids who think they can do what they want without repercussions. It is about time they brought caning back and national service and teach some of them a few lessons.

Though it may seem it, I am not a grumpy old man, I am in my early 20's but such things annoy me and the world has gotten to soft.

/rant.

Seriously though it annoys me. I joined the forces straight after school and did something constructive, served in Iraq and Afghanistan only to come home and find idiots rioting because they are upset they can't but everything they want or that their dole money isn't enough. The youth of today seem so misguided, they believe lack of technical gadgetry and latest clothes mean they are in poverty, it is a joke and a pathetic one at that. They want to go take a look in some of the 3rd world hell holes I've been to, they may just change their minds.

One point that really annoys me is when the older end dare not frequent an area because of the behavior of a few wannabe hard cases. I have had more than a few bust ups on this topic and have helped more than my fair share of people to get rid of their worries about such idiots.

To put not to fine a point on it, these anti social yobs need a kick up the arse and a wake up call that life is pretty cushy in this day and age, even if you can't afford that new Iphone26 version S'17/b or the latest trainers for the most recent child you are claiming for (plus the other 3)....

God I am ranting so early in 2013 :D but it feels better!

There does seem to be a culture of 'The world owes me a living' amongst many of our youth. And not only them, There are people my age (rapidly approaching 50) who feel the same.I was taught that in order to own stuff you have to pay for it. That seems to be an old fashioned and uncomfortable idea these days. There are places in my area where I won't go. And I'm far from a coward. But this is not a safe place. It's much better now than it was but no, I know some taxi drivers still refuse to drive into the town on a Friday or Saturday after about 7 o'clock.

I know exactly what you mean Rhi and Foggy. There are far too many disrespectful people in this world.

How could they have even dreamt of knocking that down? It was a lovely structure, and very distinctive.

Too many old buildings being demolished these days. Once they've gone, they've gone.

Back