Bucket List

I would like to see West Ham win the League but I know I`m never going to live that long :D :D ;D ;D

Seriously ,I would like to see my kids as settled and happy as me and their mother were.As for the trips and things that would take a lottery win :D

I would love to see Newcastle win the league but they seem to have forgotten what they are supposed to do with a football. I would also love to go to the Proms when they are performing a Beethoven symphony, how such sublime music came from a man profoundly deaf astounds me, he was a genius. I would also love to see Peter Sallis and Bill Owen in the theatre production they did of LOTSW but I am sadly too late for that.

I know in a few years my family will likely visit England. I have already set aside plans to rent a car and spend day full days in Holmsfirth. That short trip is a reality with my family demands, etc.

However, a real bucket list item for me when I am older is to spend a full month in Yorkshire, wandering through the hills that the trio did and stop at all the pubs. I feel that way I might get a taste of Foggy, Clegg, and Compo' carefree lifestyle.

Much as I love Summer Wine and Holmfirth, I would suggest that
you divide your time among Haworth, Hawes, and Holmfirth.

Haworth gives you The Bronte stuff, the Keighly and Worth
Valley Railway, and wonderful walks out on the moors above
the village, as well as some really terrific pubs (The Olde Silent,
right Terry).

Hawes gives you access to The Dales, The Tan Hill pub, and
bunches of small villages with nice pubs and great walking.
Oh yes, the cheese factory as well.

Holmfirth gives you more great walks, some nice pubs (altho
The Nook has become kinda noisy of late), all the SW stuff,
and great walks up to Holme and Holme Moss, as well as to
Jackson Bridge and Hepworth and New Mill.

Much as I love Summer Wine and Holmfirth, I would suggest that
you divide your time among Haworth, Hawes, and Holmfirth.

Haworth gives you The Bronte stuff, the Keighly and Worth
Valley Railway, and wonderful walks out on the moors above
the village, as well as some really terrific pubs (The Olde Silent,
right Terry).

Hawes gives you access to The Dales, The Tan Hill pub, and
bunches of small villages with nice pubs and great walking.
Oh yes, the cheese factory as well.

Holmfirth gives you more great walks, some nice pubs (altho
The Nook has become kinda noisy of late), all the SW stuff,
and great walks up to Holme and Holme Moss, as well as to
Jackson Bridge and Hepworth and New Mill.

I agree Haworth has plenty to offer for any visitor,just avoid the car park at the top of the village (opposite the Woollen Mill shop) as a few seconds over time will cost you a fortune,there is a large council car park by the Bronte museum and weekends you can use the Doctors surgery car park,and Hawes is a pretty place to visit

Visit England and maybe a little Europe( ****, hehe)and meet some of you nice folks. Not sure if it will ever happen, but it sure would be tops on my bucket list.
I would like to move back up north in the US as well.

Thank you Chuck and Terry for the advice. When it is time for me to travel to Yorkshire I shall consult with both of you. Chuck, you seem to be the foremost Yank expert on Yorkshire.

I did a little bit of searching and came across the Ribblehead Viaduct. Was that used in any Summer Wine filming?

From where to where?? Currently in north carolina, came
from new england. winters up there are horrid; summer
down here is awful. question of heat vs ac. still not sure.

Thank you Chuck and Terry for the advice. When it is time for me to travel to Yorkshire I shall consult with both of you. Chuck, you seem to be the foremost Yank expert on Yorkshire.

I did a little bit of searching and came across the Ribblehead Viaduct. Was that used in any Summer Wine filming?

No that was not used in losw filming

From where to where?? Currently in north carolina, came
from new england. winters up there are horrid; summer
down here is awful. question of heat vs ac. still not sure.
Tallahassee Florida, to somewhere near Pennsylvania. I grew up near Pittsburgh, on a farm. I really miss the farm life and what bothers me most is my kids are missing out on the hard work and rewards in running a farm. They are "city folks" now. ooo! a bug.
My mother lives on the border of South Carolina and North Carolina (boiling springs SC). It is very nice up there.
I miss the "Pittsburghese" as well. My wife hates when I get a call from friends up home and while talking with them I get my thick accent back. She is great and loves giving me a hard time about it.

No that was not used in losw filming

I recall an early Foggy or Seymour episode that ended with a view of a viaduct structure (although it might have been transporting water?!). Do any of you Summer Wine experts know what I am referring to? Whatever it was, it seemed really interesting.

I recall an early Foggy or Seymour episode that ended with a view of a viaduct structure (although it might have been transporting water?!). Do any of you Summer Wine experts know what I am referring to? Whatever it was, it seemed really interesting.

According to this: http://wikimapia.org/10381761/Thornton-Viaduct

Thornton Viaduct was used in "Three men and a mangle"

Was it the same viaduct in "Here we go into the wild blue yonder"?

According to this: http://wikimapia.org/10381761/Thornton-Viaduct

Thornton Viaduct was used in "Three men and a mangle"

Was it the same viaduct in "Here we go into the wild blue yonder"?

The Blue Yonder bridge was south of Holmfirth,I did find it on google maps but I have forgotten where is was

The Blue Yonder bridge was south of Holmfirth,I did find it on google maps but I have forgotten where is was

Mytholmbridge Viaduct on the Holmsfirth Branch line was demolished in 1976 but that was North of Holmsfirth.

Denby Dale Viaduct?

Back