Bonfire night

Still on Bonfire Night, surely it is coming round to Bonfire Week?? As I type this there are fireworks outside for the 6 th night in a row!! ::)

We had a bonfire party in my cousins place tonight. No fireworks. We didn't need them, so many others were firing them off all over town. We had a great bonfire in her garden. It was lovely. Quite touching too. We were all there and 4 of us went to light the thing. I wondered how we'd do without Dad, but it was a great night. It was the first time we could all get together. Karen cooked (always good!) and we ate!!

I know it is not always possible to have the actual fireworks on the 5th, but it seems to be more like Firework month as opposed to firework/bonfire night, for those folk who have pets or family members who get upset with the noise,this must be a trying time

You're right. There are so many fireworks going off tonight. I think there must be a few properly organised displays happening in town. There are far too many for it to be just house parties. My cousins cat was scared. We kept him in and the poor thing hid under her bath all evening.

You're right. There are so many fireworks going off tonight. I think there must be a few properly organised displays happening in town. There are far too many for it to be just house parties. My cousins cat was scared. We kept him in and the poor thing hid under her bath all evening.

Pretty sure when I was a kid (I know years ago) that bonfire night was on the 5th regardless

Dick, Choccy it is :D

I've noticed that when the 5th is on a week night then the Saturday before and the Saturday after are usually classed has Bonfire Night, I agree Terry when I was a kid it was only the 5th no matter what day it was on but now it seems to go on forever. I must admit the the last 2 Saturdays have been much noisier than last Monday.

Back