Bonfire night

amos hames

Dedicated Member
If anyone is having a party with fireworks have a great night and also be careful and keep your pets indoors.Lots going off near my house as i write. :)

Yeah, I can hear loads of fireworks. The thing is, theres a family just a few houses from mine that have fireworks parties all year! Christmas, New Year, Halloween, i swear if the cat catches a mouse they let off fireworks! Saves the rest of us getting them!

I don't like them myself but we had loads going off over the weekend up until 3am on Sunday morning >:( My husband has to get up at 5 for work. We only had a few going off last night non at all after 9.

Yeah, I can hear loads of fireworks. The thing is, theres a family just a few houses from mine that have fireworks parties all year! Christmas, New Year, Halloween, i swear if the cat catches a mouse they let off fireworks! Saves the rest of us getting them!

I think their relatives live over the road from me!! Someone opens an envelope its accompanied by a firework, you don't mind if they give notice but to just start letting off is selfish, we have to go hunting for Brian.!

Looking at some of the skyrocket sticks that are around my garden, I wonder if its wise to go out on bonfire night with a hard hat on?? Some of the points on the larger rockets look lethal. :eek:

We live next door to a cat called Brian. He is from Wigan. Our cat is called Bill.

Those are lovely named for cats! I had a cat called Parker. He was as daft as a brush. Didn't have a clue what to do when a bird flew into the house. He just sat there thunderstruck!

We live next door to a cat called Brian. He is from Wigan. Our cat is called Bill.

Those are lovely named for cats! I had a cat called Parker. He was as daft as a brush. Didn't have a clue what to do when a bird flew into the house. He just sat there thunderstruck!

I am trying to come to terms with the significance of a cat coming from Wigan. How do you know he came from Wigan? Now from the Isle of Man you can see the difference.

I like to call animals proper names. When I met my husband he had a dog called Boozer I never walked said dog because I wasn't going stand in public shouting " BOOZER" !!

He has never been allowed to name any of our pet.

I like to call animals proper names. When I met my husband he had a dog called Boozer I never walked said dog because I wasn't going stand in public shouting " BOOZER" !!

He has never been allowed to name any of our pet.

Shades of Barry in "All That Glitters Is Not Elvis" with Elvira.

Big Unc. I know Brian came from Wigan because his 'mum' told me. We do have an accidental Manx cat in the lane, he is called Alfie and he lost half of his tail somewhere!!

Big Unc. I know Brian came from Wigan because his 'mum' told me. We do have an accidental Manx cat in the lane, he is called Alfie and he lost half of his tail somewhere!!

Thanks, Sue. This has me really tickled. I never heard anyone attribute cat to a place of origin before. I think you are after establishing a new marque for cats. "Our cat came from Wigan, you know." Sounds like something from Flanders and Swann's "Sounding Brass".

Great quote from them, "The purpose of satire, it has been rightly said, is to strip off the veneer of comforting illusion and cosy half-truth. And our job, as I see it, is to put it back again."

A lady I knew had a cat called Sebastian. Their dog was The Duke. Not any old duke, but The Duke. I don't recall if they hailed from anywhere particular. I also met a cat called Bert. I was out picking blackberries some years ago and a cat showed up. He sat there watching us for at least half an hour! His collar tag said 'Bert'.

A lady I knew had a cat called Sebastian. Their dog was The Duke. Not any old duke, but The Duke. I don't recall if they hailed from anywhere particular. I also met a cat called Bert. I was out picking blackberries some years ago and a cat showed up. He sat there watching us for at least half an hour! His collar tag said 'Bert'.

We also had a cat called Sabastion named after Sabastion Flyte (A biscuit to the first person to name the book :) ) We've had most of the Magic Round about cast and also 1 or 2 from the cast of Red Dwarf and then there was Maliki. I won't go into the fishes names has we have had hundreds.

Totally irrelevent but don't want to start a new thread. Could almost enjoy Strictly Come Dancing tonight as the guastly Forsyth is misiing. But why when we are spared him did they have to use the buffoon's idiot catch phrase. We could have enjoyed almost forgetting him. Time he was put down!

Back