When should the series have ended

When do you think the series should have ended

• Total voters
They could have continued with Russ Abbot intoducing various older actors. I thought it was just getting adjusted to last trio when they finished it.
However the comedy value is old style but with a clever script writer they could make it work. Who do you think could be introduce? Perhaps Martin Clunes, Trica Penrose, Les Dennis,

They could have continued with Russ Abbot intoducing various older actors. I thought it was just getting adjusted to last trio when they finished it.
However the comedy value is old style but with a clever script writer they could make it work. Who do you think could be introduce? Perhaps Martin Clunes, Trica Penrose, Les Dennis,
Couldn't be any other writer than Roy Clarke, better it ended than have a different writer.

Couldn't be any other writer than Roy Clarke, better it ended than have a different writer.
I agree with you on that point. Roy Clarke did quite a few serious things, but you can always tell his writing when they have a comedic part in the script. Have you watched "Ain't misbehavin". A lot of his comedy is from Yorkshire, twisting things people say e.g. "Your feets too small for high heels, you wouldn't be able to comb your parting with hair that high." I think the plots would be quite simple to do but the writing will have to be very clever.

Back